Chapter 9-Noodles on the Run

You sat in the dining room beside Lin eating your noodles slowly. You weren't hungry and certainly couldn't eat with the feeling of being watched by that spirit.

It was becoming too much.

You were starting to hate it. In the beginning, what started off as trying to make it feel welcome, soon became trying to get rid of it. It was tiring and you needed some rest.

But you weren't going to get one.

"Hey Y/N! Listen up, we were talking to you!" Lin poked your arm trying to get your attention as you picked up noodles between your chopsticks. "Mmm?" You hummed as you stuffed noodles into your mouth hoping she wouldn't pursue the path of questioning your antics.

But this was Lin we were talking about.

"Why won't you talk to us anymore? Ever since you became Haku's right hand gal, you disappeared." She obviously had been thinking about this a lot. Her words had more meanings than one, she wanted you to pay attention to her.

Why have you become so distant?

Why aren't you the same as before?

Why aren't you my friend anymore?

The last realization hit you hard but you pushed it to the back of your mind.

Later.

Eating the noodles at a hiccup inducing pace you quickly stood, bowed and left the table not answering Lins' question.

Boy that was a mistake.

You could still feel the weight of the spirit gliding along behind you. Keeping at a safe distance but not a comfortable one. Hearing the pad of bare feet your pace quickened and you hurried down the steps towards the sleeping area. What it had said earlier, about promising Haku... It was bothering you. Annoying you. How the hell were you supposed to promise him something, if he didn't even want to be near you? Hell, he wasn't even here. The staff thought you were his concubine and were trying to overthrow the Aburaya - so much had happened so fast to was crushing you.

"Y/N!" Her pace was quickening and her voice was getting closer. You had begun to run, feeling the burning sensation of new tears spring to your eyes in the moment. Wiping them away with the back of your hand you ran down the steps and turned a sharp left, leading you towards the laundry room.

Lin shouted outside the door searching for you and moved on to having no avail. You let out the breath you didn't know you had been holding in and looked around. Towels and sheets along with various uniforms were hanging from string along the roof of the room.

You stifled a moan when the spirit appeared in front of you again. You were really getting sick of its behaviour.

"What?" You asked impatiently, with your arms now folded.

"Heeellllpppp hiiiimmmm" it rasped between invisible teeth.

"Haku doesn't need my help. He made that quite clear." you fired back. You felt as if a hole in your heart had yawned open since he left. A piece of you, after being torn out and ran away with. It hurt you he was gone, but it hurt even more for what he did.

"Heeee neeeds ittttt" the spirit floated closer to you, it's scentless breath glancing off your cheek.

"Hmph, yeah right." you rolled your eyes loosing all apparent interest. You began to move for the doors when the female spirit blocked your path.

"Heellllpppppp, innnn heeerrreeeee" it cooed in a rough voice of gravel as it placed a sickeningly cold hand over your heart.

A/N
I am so glad the people are enjoying the story! That's all I want to make people feel apart of a long tale of a character they love...

ANYWHO! Till next time my dears!

-AA

(edited)