Chapter 13- Fight, Win...

You listened to a hoarse breathing, the cold air sending shivers down your spine. You slowly, reluctantly, turned your head around to face a Shadow whom had become solid.

This was going to be the first to feel the wrath of Y/N.

You growled a low and threatening sound and stalked forward. The spirit got into a fighting stance, prepared to destroy you and protect its leader and the captive.

Not a chance.

You studied the Spirit quickly, it was leaning off of its left leg so it was suffering an injury of some sort. It's stiff stance, clenched fists signalling anger and an untrained mind and body. It wasn't prepared to fight.

You ducked low, sweeping your tail behind its left leg. You gripped and yanked it forward hearing a sickening crunch. It let a strangled, pained howl escape its non-existent lips as it writhed in pain. Not giving it a chance to recover, you slammed your paw onto the side of its head. Knocking it out cold for at least ten minutes at minimum.

That, was too easy. Only a starter.

An appetizer of what was to come.

You ventured deeper into the House when a thought came to your mind. The gem had seemingly given you an existential knowledge in battle and combat. You weren't sure how to feel about that, but it was something that could wait for later. As you passed a painting of the Aburaya's owner, another thought spurred to life.

Where is Yubaba?

The sudden question was the least relevant thing to the current situation. It just made you question your own logical thinking.

You turned a corner to come face to face with three more solidified shadows. All standing, ready to fight and create a murderous art with your body. Setting a low growl to begin the fight you leaped for the Spirits, this time not taking a moment to look for weaknesses.

No time.

The first one lunged for you, with a clawed hand outstretched. It hit its target as it tore apart your flesh down your neck. You howled in pain as another grabbed your tail twisting it and crunching it together.

You spun around hitting the thing directly in the chest. It heaved and crumpled into a misty puddle as it evaporated through the floor boards.

Right.

You moved for the other two as they came for round two. The third Shadow bit into your back tearing a chunk of meat from your being. You screeched as the pain seared through your body and stabbed your claws into its neck. It's made an awful yowling sound and became a evaporating puddle. The last Spirit had been kicking and stomping on your legs and supposedly snapped tail. It was chuckling evilly with happiness, not noticing your mouth wide open, teeth bared and ready for the kill. It screeched and jumped off your tail running the opposite direction.

Oh no you don't.

You leaped into the air landing directly on top of it. You ripped away at its form as it wriggled around in pain trying to break free. Finally, it accepted the same faith as the others.

You stood up taking deep breaths. The pain was really staring to sink in now and you hissed against the shocks it sent through your body. Not the same electric feeling you felt when Haku touched you all those weeks ago... but a searing pain that clung to your skin like dirt.

You heaved in that refreshing oxygen and trudged forward, deeper into this newly formed, dark abyss. You rounded a few corners and came face to face with none other than...

Haku.

A/N
Hahaha!!! Cliffhanger! Well sorta I don't really know... but anyways! I just wanna thank you all for 609 reads! I know it probably doesn't seem a lot to you but it means so much to me... so thanks again to all the readers!

Till next time,

-AA

(edited)

((also reading all my old author notes makes me emotional - ong you are all so kind))