Chapter 22

She looked up at the male dancer who was playing the part of 'the voice.' Her master. It's Roman, she told herself.

And suddenly he was. She let herself fall backwards into him, and he spread her legs wide with his palms—presented her to the imaginary audience. His hand traced her jaw, down to her collarbone and swept down the curves of her torso. She responded, imagining those bronzed fingers, arching her back and exposing her neck.

The heat between her thighs was giving way to slickness, but she couldn't help herself. With every touch of her dance partner, in her mind she saw Roman. It was his knee she was so precariously balanced upon. His face pressed into her neck. She rubbed her groin uncontrollably against his thigh. It was just once, and faintly, but enough to make her partner freeze and draw in his breath sharply.

"Good! Excellent," Professor Bernard said. "Take ten, then we'll wrap up."

Olivia didn't even look at her professor as she headed to the women's restroom farthest from the stage. Nobody would find her there.

She left the lights off and locked herself in a stall. Get it together!

Sitting on the closed lid, she slipped off her rehearsal shoes and rested one foot on opposite steel walls. Letting her head fall back, she closed her eyes and slid a hand beneath her leggings. Even she was surprised at how wet she was.

She circled her clit furiously, imagining straddling Roman's lap. Her other hand found her breasts, teasing her nipples.

"... don't you think if ... "

The lights snapped on, and two soft voices filled the room. Water ran at the sink. "Roman's super dreamy," one of the girls said.

The other laughed. "Dreamy? What is this, the fifties? But I know what you mean. What I wouldn't give to be alone with him for ten minutes."

When she came, it was strong and explosive, her soft whimpering drowned out by the chatter of the girls and the stream of water.

On the stage, the rest of the team was already sitting like dutiful kindergartners while Professor Bernard stood over them. "All right, then," she said as Olivia joined them. "I think that's quite enough for today. Dr. Stone? Do you—well. I'm not sure where he went, he was just here. Busy man."

Roman was here? Olivia looked around.

"Get some rest tonight. It's dress rehearsal tomorrow, which will, of course, be brief and exacting. It's the home stretch," she said. "Oh! There you are."

The entire troupe turned to see Roman emerge from the wings. "Apologies, a work call," he said.

"No need to apologize to us," Professor Bernard said. "Is there anything you'd like to add? I was just dismissing them."

"No, it all looks lovely. However, I'd like to keep Olivia back for a moment, if I may. I'm sure you know, as the summer intern, she's in high demand these days."

"Of course," Professor Bernard said, not even bothering to ask Olivia.

Roman was silent as the team picked up their gear and dispersed. She stood next to him, shifting her weight from side to side. Was she in trouble? As far as she knew, everything with the internship was taken care of.

"You're holding back," he said, his back to her.

"I'm not."

"You are," he said, turning to face her. "Don't be petulant."