f o u r

BreakStereotypes

  It was in her first year at Prescott high, Paisley Roux was just a freshman then when she got her first label as a bad girl.

  Two of the popular girls in her class, Riley and Ariana, came up and talked to her, and since then the three were inseparable.

They did almost everything together, from eating lunch as they exchanged gossips to heading home.

  Paisley left her current best friend to be with the two because she liked the attention with them–it was the attention you got because you were cool and popular, not the kind where you got them because you were humiliated.

  She just wanted to protect herself; she didn't want to go through hell all over again.

  Being pushed against the wall. Name-calling. Picking up a blade. Pulling your own hair in hopes that it would relieve you.

  Was it so wrong to keep yourself from ever hurting like that again?

  Then an argument arose.

  Paisley sided with Riley, and said all sorts of things about Ariana because in a war you choose one side or the other; if you try to be a bridge between the two, they'll just tear you in half.

  Paisley saw the hurt and anger in Ariana's eyes, but she chose to ignore them.

'She would do just fine without Riley.' Paisley thought. 'It's me who wouldn't'

  Paisley was supposed to feel sorry for doing those to Ariana, but she wasn't.

  She was only scared; she only tried to protect herself.

  And that's when the rumors started.