t h r e e

The bell rings signaling lunch break; emptying the hallways immediately and only leaving a few students loitering around.

  As the cafeteria was buzzing, Paisley catches sight of Riley's friend, Anna, from a while ago.

She makes her way towards the long line, then cutting in front of her.

  "The line is over there." She simply states.

  People whisper making the girl look around her surrounding.

  "You don't want me to go all the way over there now," Paisley taunts, cocking her head to the end of the line. "Do you?"

  "You have to."

  "I don't want to."

  She pushes the girl's shoulder with only two of her fingers a little too forcefully which sent the girl falling out of balance and landing onto the trash cans.

  "Hey!" A male voice shouts from afar. "What are you doing to her?"

Paisley crosses her arms as she shifts her weight to her right and turns to face the boy entering the scene.

  "Hi, Bryan." Paisley chirps as if she had not just pushed his girlfriend.

  He glares at Paisley and proceeds to help the girl get up.

  It hurt Paisley to see that Bryan truly cares for her.

  If she were the one hurt, would he care?

  Yes, she knew what she did wasn't at any form justifiable, but that was just how Paisley is—that was how they made her be.

  They walk out of the scene leaving Paisley fuming with anger and about to go after them when suddenly someone grabs both her arms from behind to restrain her from doing anything rash.

  "Let go!" She tells the person off before struggling to free her arms from their grasps.

  "Paisley," he whispers to her ear calmly and letting go of one arm. "Stop."

  He takes her to an empty table.

  "What the hell, Elliot?!" Paisley says in annoyance as soon as they sat down.

  "Why—"

  "Why am I like this?" Paisley interrupts, her lips playing a smile. "They made me like this."