n i n e t e e n

Paisley looks at Elliot's Bentley as it drives away from her.

Buzz. Buzz.

It was Aiden.

"Where are you? Can I come pick you up?" It read.

"Sure, I'm at the Gelato shop downtown." She texted.

After a few minutes, Aiden arrives with his car and Paisley gets in.

They were aimlessly and quietly driving around town admiring the twilight city.

"Elliot just left." Paisley starts her eyes focused on the buzzing sidewalk.

"Are you okay?" Aiden glances at her for a quick second.

"Honestly," she tells him. "Yeah."

"That's good then."

They drove in silence again.

"Why did you want to meet me?"

Aiden stays silent for a while before giving her a reply.

"I'm leaving for college," he starts, his eyes focused on the road.

They were driving around town it seems with the radio station inaudibly playing in the background. The black leather chair seemed so cold at that moment to Paisley.

If Paisley were to be honest, she had a little teensy weeny crush on Aiden, and she was rather disappointed that he was leaving so soon as well. Not like she expected for something to form because she was still cynical about the idea of love. Paisley didn't think that she deserved love.

"I'm always here if you need me," he continues, glancing at Paisley's direction. "You know that right?"

Paisley hums in response.

"Normal people say that college will be hectic, but this is Aiden Dubois we're talking about, college will be a breeze to me." He smiles, eyes still on the road. "So bother me all you want."

Paisley shakes her head at Aiden's attempt to lighten the mood with his cockiness.

"It's alright, Aiden, you don't need to listen to a teenage rebel's petty problems."

"You're not what you think you are," Aiden then parks the car, they were already at Paisley's driveway. "You're not what people think you are."

"I'm still broken, Aiden," Paisley explains with a hurt expression. "And I don't want you picking up my broken pieces only to hurt you, because the only one who can fix me is me."

"And if our paths ever cross again," she continues, a bitter smile on her face. "I hope I'm someone you can be with."

It was a small confession from Paisley, and she had hoped that Aiden wouldn't get it until she went inside her house.

With that, she opens the car door and starts walking away from Aiden, the boy with gorgeous green eyes; the boy who told her to keep going on until everything would be okay again.