e i g h t

Paisley used to live in an old Victorian house together with just her grandfather, away from the duplex her parents lived in, until his death.

  His illness was sudden; his death wasn't.

  When death was expected upon a loved one, you would do all the things you've always wanted to do with them and say the things you wanted, but it was still death; it still left an empty void in you.

  It still hurt you; it hurt eleven-year-old Paisley.

  That was Paisley's first heartbreak.

  Her parent's house was just a house to her; it never felt like home.

  Paisley hated it.

  She hated moving into that house, she hated how thin the walls were enough for her to hear their arguments, she hated how they weren't even asking how their precious daughter is.

  Hell, her mom was barely home.

  It felt as if she wasn't even worth coming back for.

  And her dad couldn't even sustain a family, even if he wanted to, with his current job.

  Wasn't she enough for her parents to at least try and change? For her?

  She felt unimportant. Unloved.

  Paisley could hear shouts from downstairs; her mom must be home.

   She decides to sneak out of her house because she was tired.

  Funny, you usually come home when you're tired, but not for Paisley. She was tired of everything happening at the house, and going out was her escape from it all.