t w o

Paisley struts her way to her third period with Dakota, her ditzy friend, beside her. Dakota had stuck with her since junior year. Dakota was only using her, as everyone else did, but she let her stay nevertheless because she was lonely.

  She stops on her tracks when she sees a familiar red-head girl; she knew her, but she wouldn't exactly call them friends—at least now.

  She walks her way towards the girl.

  "Hi," Paisley does a small wave with her red lips twisting into a smirk once again. "Riley."

  "Care to introduce me to your little friend?" Paisley nods her head towards her company, a blonde girl with an innocent face, which Paisley also already knew.

  Anna. She hated her. She was the girl who made Bryan, the school's biggest flirt, finally settle down.

  Bryan confused her, from saving her from trouble to acting as if she never existed, but she let him anyways because to Paisley he was different; he thrilled her with just his presence, and she was happy when she was with him.

Was she in love with him? Yes. Did he feel the same way? Sometimes.

  She endured every time he acted cold towards her because when he did notice her it felt as if they were all worth it.

  But the things you want? You don't always get.