fresh milk pt 1

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

"Are you sure about this?"

"Yeah, yeah."

"You sure?"

"Yup."

"What if—"

"Just do it."

Donghyuck stood up from his chair, feeling nervousness turn his stomach over and over again as the bell rang loudly in their ears, making his spine shiver a little before he stood up completely. The legs of his chair scraped against the wooden floor, almost toppling over before Jisung held out his hand to prevent the fall like a reflex, still sitting down beside Chenle and watching him play games on his phone.

With an air of confidence, Donghyuck strode to where Mark Lee stood by. He was leaning against the door frame and waiting for Jeno, who was behind and fixing his things. Jaemin was across from him as usual, also doing the same. Renjun sat on his desk, blabbering about almost anything with the younger nodding mindlessly.

Mark saw the certain ginger come his way and immediately blushed. Silently, he cleared his throat up, in hopes of his voice being in top shape quality. He ran his fingers through his hair, which hasn't been washed that day. Raising his hand slightly, he wanted to greet his crush with a smile.

"U-uh, hi—" Mark's upturned lips fell down as Donghyuck walked past him, a queasy look on his face. The other turned around and ran towards where the bathroom was, pushing it open. Mark frowned and sighed. 'Another chance lost.' He thought before finally heading to where Jeno was. The boy was looking at his brother in amusement by the failure.

Donghyuck on the other hand, shoved the door open and the boys in there stared at him in confusion. A little bit embarrassed, he went towards the sink and twisted the faucet knob, cold water flowing through. He splashed some one his face and looked at himself on the mirror. Red was painted on his face. To him, this was his chance to finally have a proper conversation with the senior, but his inferiority kicked in and he got embarrassed, almost tripping on his own steps his way here.

'Chenle and Jisung would laugh at me, this isn't good.' He thought before wiping his face, that had water sliding down his forehead and wiped it with his hand, patting it down dry on his pants. Walking out with his dignity already crumbling, he headed towards the cafeteria, where Chenle and Jisung were already seated at.

"Yo hyung, What was that?" Chenle said, stifling a laughter before Jisung laughed out loud, clutching his stomach. As if Donghyuck wasn't already face red, it just gotten worse and he covered his blood red face in his hand before swatting the younger with the other.

"Sh-shut up!!" Donghyuck screamed, his eyes peeking through his slightly parted fingers. He looked at his crush, Mark, who was seated just a few tables far from them. To him though, it was much farther. Mark was laughing with classmate of the ginger, Lee Jeno. The angry feeling in his heart melted, only to be replaced with sadness. A mere tightening feeling that he'll never have him. Donghyuck put his hands down, no gravity set on them. Chenle and Jisung looked at Donghyuck and kept silent for once, realizing he was in one of his phases. Still, the ginger was looking at Mark.

Jeno's mouth turned into an 'o' before leaning towards Mark, whispering something before sitting back down. Mark himself was surprised and faced Donghyuck's way, a familiar red tint splattered across his cheeks. Donghyuck froze up, seeing Mark keep eye contact the younger before looking away. Just a little though, not directly, he glanced back at Mark, thinking he would still be trying to keep eye contact, but instead he was squinting.

"Oh, his glasses.." Donghyuck sighed, remembering that Mark didn't have the perfect vision, at the same time forgot to bring his glasses. Jisung looked at his hyung in worry, the up and down emotions on the older's face making him feeling anxious. "You okay, hyung?" Donghyuck looked at Jisung, who had a spoon dangling from his mouth but he wasn't chewing. 'Classic.' He thought before saying out loud, "Yeah. I am."

'Just a little bit less than usual.' He thought.

Mark breathed out, wanting his glasses back because for a moment, he thought Donghyuck was looking at him, but his blurry eyesight wasn't helping. He cursed himself, not hearing his younger brother say, "I'm gonna buy some milk, wait for me please." He was too busy trying to look at Donghyuck too.

❁ ❁ ❁