milk flavored lollipop pt 2

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

'Did I actually hear that?' Jaemin thought to himself as his face contorts into pure confusion as his steps gradually slows until it completely stops. Students shrug their way past him and into the cafeteria, laughing happily as he enters the cafeteria, still wondering as to why he heard that. Maybe he was hallucinating?

He sees Renjun with his head down, most likely drawing Moomin again, and goes towards him. Renjun's head pops up, looking at the younger and waves from afar, not knowing Jaemin already noticed him. As Jaemin slid into his seat, Renjun asks something.

"Renjun, are you friends with that English-speaking guy? Um.." Renjun mutters, looking down and concentrating, trying to remember the senior boy's name. Jaemin immediately finds the resemblance and says, "Mark-hyung?"

"Yeah, that guy!" Renjun exclaims, his eyes becoming bigger in realization. Jaemin doesn't question the sudden topic, knowing what kinds of things Renjun fancies himself to when he's bored.

"Can you ask him if he's talked to um..Lee Donghyuck?" Jaemin freezes up at the name, remembering the event from the day before. He agrees, hesitation clearly obvious in his action, his nod slow, giving him time to think. Renjun gave a quick grin to the younger, thanking him. Jaemin wanted to say no to avoid talking with the older, but fought it, knowing Renjun memorized the boy' schedule and that he has creative club along with Mark.

He sighed, dreading the day's end before turning his back, rummaging his backpack for his lunch. He looked inside the main compartment and rose his head up in confusion, only seeing papers and books. He looked inside the big pocket but only garbage and bits and pieces of paper filled the emptiness. Just as he was trying to remember where he would place it, the memory floated to the surface. In a millisecond, he squeezed his eyes shut, gripping his bag and tried to hold in a groan, realizing he had left it on a classroom table, but he doesn't know which one. Renjun looked at him in amusement, but said nothing. Jaemin stood up from his seat, not bothering to tell Renjun before dashing out, trying to remember his schedule of classes.

He speed-walked forward, bumping into the shoulders of some students as he pursed his lips, the crazy amount of subjects loose from his head of all times. 'Um, was it Math? No, we didn't have math today. Did I leave it in the lab?' He did his best to concentrate on the students ahead, but he was too deep in thought that a student bumped into his shoulder, no apologies heard.

"Oh, sorry." Jaemin apologized instead, but quietly. Luckily, the student picked up on him and replied.

"Oh, it's fine." Jaemin turned his head and met a slightly tanned face, a mop of light brown hair hovering over his eyes. He immediately widened his eyes, recognizing that face as Lee Donghyuck's, the boy from the shop. Donghyuck, unlike Jaemin had a nearly neutral face, only a tinge of a smile on his face.

"Oh, um," Jaemin stuttered, almost forgetting how to form sentences. He already felt caught off guard by their sudden meeting, but his nerves were catching his tongue as well, that wasn't good. He wanted to clamp his eyes tight and cut his tongue off, but unlike what Jaemin was thinking, Donghyuck gave a laugh full of genuine sincerity. Jaemin felt his heart hasten, thinking Donghyuck was going to make fun of him. But he was proven wrong.

"You don't have to be wary of me, you know?" He held in a sigh of relief, feeling his chest deflate. He nodded in reply, giving a small grin knowing he can be comfortable around Donghyuck.

"But um.." Donghyuck tapped his chin. "I have a question to ask you."

"Go ahead."

"How do you feel about Jeno?"

Jaemin's mouth went dry at the name, instantly knowing his answer. His throat finally decided to work as his eyebrows decided to lower, his subconsciousness deciding to show to the world his thoughts about the other.

"Don't like him. Not one bit." Jaemin replied curtly, not wanting to go to the depths of his argument. Why? Well, any normal person would not hate on someone else for a drink and Jaemin knows that. Still, he won't stop his longing hatred for the older.

Donghyuck's face amuses itself, his lips contorting into short of a wide grin. He lets out a breathy chuckle, his suspicions about the the younger confirmed. Though he knows that his light and friendly conversation earlier on with Mark stopped him from entering the cafeteria earlier than the time now, his lunch being delayed causing him to run there, he still wants to stay and have fun with the younger, standing and being vulnerable.

"Oh really?" Donghyuck teases the younger, crossing his arms in front of his chest, his chin high. Jaemin rolls his eye, not knowing why no one would respect his opinion.

"Yes, I do." Jaemin grunts out, trying his hardest to sound intimidating. On normal people, it would work with his deep voice and high status, but with Donghyuck, it didn't look like it did and to the younger himself he knows it certainly didn't.

"Then what did I see you doing to Jeno at the vending machine? Didn't know being nice to someone was hatred," Jaemin's face paled. He opened his mouth to speak, to object to Donghyuck's sentence, about to say that he doesn't know anything and that event was before Jaemin knew his view on Jeno was changed, but Donghyuck beat him to it.

"especially when you're that close to each other." Jaemin shut his lips, forgetting about that incident. 'How does he know?!' Jaemin thought, wanting to ask Donghyuck or shout at him, but his throat died on him, leaving him speechless. Donghyuck smiled a little, faking innocence, before waving jaemin off and walking into the cafeteria, his figure becoming smaller and smaller before it disappeared in the dissipating crowd of students.

Jaemin pulled his lips into a straight line, angry with himself before leaving, realizing what his first mission was. He walked faster, passing by the Social Studies before coming to a stop, seeing a familiar lunch box he was supposed to put in his bag and the milk lollipop he bought for recess on top of his table.

❁ ❁ ❁

long ass chapter
I'm thirsty, vote on this story