milk flavored lollipop pt 1

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

"I can't believe you're making me do this." Mark mutters, his body being pushed by the determined little brother. Jeno smiled, a malicious intent radiating from him as he did his best to push his stubborn and hesitant brother into doing his part of the plan.

"I can't believe you're the one not doing this." Jeno retorts, finally arriving outside of Donghyuck's chemistry class. Mark tensed up at the sight of his little Hyuckie at the front, mixing chemicals. Mark immediately felt his heart race, maybe even faster than he would've liked. His stomach dropped, twisting and turning, poking him with tiny needles all over. Jeno knew this would happen, but what's life without a little challenge?

"Um, Jeno, I don't, don't think I can—" Mark's stuttering was brought to an end as Jeno out his index finger over the blubbering boy's mouth, smiling evilly as he brought his other hand up, checking his watch. Mark had many questions, like when did his brother ever have a watch, but he knew better than to ask or else he'd waste his time and be met
with—

The bell rang loudly, passing through the air and entering the students' ears. Teachers ended the lesson with an assignment or a reminder before the students evacuated the boring classroom and regrouped with their friends. The siblings could see Chenle and Jisung walk their way and semi-stopping in their steps to look at Mark, who's mouth had still been kept shut by Jeno, before leaving and entering into the classroom, each giving a wave towards Donghyuck. Jeno looked at his brother and smiled, removing his finger from the boy's lips and stepped aside, hands in Mark's direction to imitate a grand entrance, but maybe this was a grander entrance as Mark looked at his brother uneasily and stepped inside, scratching the fabrics of his clothes in anticipation. Jeno smiled in victory, turning his head to leave the two alone only to be met by a familiar set of dark eyes, the same mop of brown hair, and the same goddamn flirty smile.

"Oh. Jeno. Nice to see you." Jaemin smiled, but it wasn't friendly in any sort of way. He spat venom and emphasized 'nice', adding the spice called 'disgust'. Jeno smiled in the same manner. Before Jaemin could get away and chant curses at Jeno, Jeno extended his hand out, meekly but kept tight to hide his annoyance. Jaemin looked at it, contemplating wether to do that or eat a pile of shit, but to Jeno's luck, he reciprocated the action, barely touching the other's palm before jumping away, like Jeno was the pile of shit. In Jaemin's eyes, maybe he was.

They both eyed each other before thinking at the same time, thoughts filled with hate, 'Why do we never get along?' Deciding not to dwell on it any longer, Jaemin left Jeno's sight and into the cafeteria, where Renjun was religiously drawing Moomin in the corner table.

Jeno gave a long breath out, his chest instantly deflating. He immediately felt proud of his usually cowardly brother, having enough courage to strike a friendly conversation towards Donghyuck. Jeno looked at them and saw both faces slightly tinged with a soft pink; Jisung and Chenle were already stepping away into the side, whispering to each other before making a dash for it, their steps surprisingly silent. Jeno smiled, knowing that his brother finally reached out for what he wanted after a time too long to measure. Though he was bright on the outside, his mind was completely the opposite. He cursed himself for only trying to shake hands with Jaemin when Mark did his best and actually had a conversation with the other. Slumping down, he walked away, hoping to reserve a spot with his mind full.

"Hopefully he'll give me another chance to talk with Jaemin after school." Jeno whispered quietly to himself, stuffing his hands in his pockets, feeling lonely without his brother. He thought he was quiet enough people didn't hear his little dilemma, but just as he entered the doors of the cafeteria, someone left as well, his change in pocket and his face in a shock.

❁ ❁ ❁

apologies for the chapter title,
but I personally think it was good.

HOLY HELL, I FORGOT ABT THE HEADER WOPS