milkshake

❁ ❁ ❁

❁ ❁ ❁

"I'm telling you hyung, I hate him!" Jeno exclaimed, his hands dramatically waving around in the air while Mark was eating a chocolate chip cookie, partially listening to whatever he has to be screaming about this time around. Munching on a delicious sweet, Mark gave a hum as he swung his legs that sat atop on the wooden chair.

It was after school and Jeno's encounter with his fellow classmate made him furious, the anger still lingering from him, even after school hours. Mark had ordered a plate of chocolate chip cookies for himself and a strawberry shortcake for the short-tempered brother of his. It was still left untouched on the table since Jeno was spouting on and on about Jaemin, Mark had already snuck a few bites of it and only one-thirds remained.

"Sure you do." Mark said, remembering how he was like that with Donghyuck when he was still a junior and Donghyuck being a sophomore. Mark thought at first how annoying the younger was and how he looked like a donkey, but soon he had grown to have a crush on him. He thought it was wrong to like someone a year younger but he didn't really care after a few months.

"Yes I do. He stole the remaining fresh milk!" Jeno finally took a bite out of his food and angrily, not bothering to chew well before he swallowed it whole. He choked on it a bit and Mark rolled his eyes, handing his water bottle to the younger.

"Well it's not like you didn't steal the last lemon juice either." Mark said, informing the younger on his ignorance. Jeno looked at him in confusion, wondering how he knows this information.

"He stole my milk first!" Jeno said, a little bit embarrassed at his weak comeback, but still not wanting to surrender at the older's words. It was his milk and he has the right to be mad about it! Mark looked at him, sighing heavily at the sight of his younger brother before wiping his hands, removing the cookie crumbs that adorned his skin. He took out his English book and started to study for his upcoming college entrance exam. Jeno looked at the book and scoffed, not knowing why his hyung would study when he could totally ace English.

"Yeah, yeah. Now, can you be a good boy and buy me strawberry milkshake?" Mark said, dismissing whatever Jeno has left to say. Jeno was about to retort before Mark pushed him away from his seat, knowing fully well that he has enough money to buy for their food. Jeno whined a little before following his brother's orders but still lined up to buy the asked butter milk.

The line moved slowly and Jeno could feel his legs start to get tired, so he leaned on one leg to save energy. He moved forward and he was almost there being second in line. He felt the angry energy leave him, replaced by a tired feeling in him as the result of school finally caught up with him. He was just about to ready his wallet when he heard the person in front of him speak.

"One strawberry milkshake please." Jeno heard a voice that at first seemed foreign to him, a bit outside of his circle of friends (which was none), but as he let it on his mind for a second longer it settled in that this boy, one who had the familiar brown hair was the boy he couldn't stop rambling about.

His eyes widened, his mind running at top speed as every second felt like hours to him. If they were in the same vicinity, would Jaemin have listened to Jeno's talk to Mark, one that was filled with obvious annoyance and hatred, and specifically about him? Most likely.

As Jaemin received his drink and stepped away, his front was no facing Jeno. The older felt his stomach churn.

But God has surprise for everything, with that being Jaemin giving the same expression before scampering off to wherever he went to, leaving Jeno first in line and utterly confused.

❁ ❁ ❁

hey y'all, I'm in sea car go/ johnny land atm
so expect a lot of weird time stuff going on
if you live in the pacific (idk what u call it)