29 - j o j i' s s t o r y

a/n
this chapter is from joji's pov.
it'll return to normal in the next chapter.

----joji's phone----

2:00 pm
brian: joj,where are you

3:45 pm
brian: this is serious

25 missed calls from brian

4:45pm
you:just got out of the recording room
you: what happened

brian: it's haru, she had an aneurysm

brian:it happened so quickly. one second i was moving in my stuff like you told me to and another she was unconscious on the floor.

brian: she regained part of her consciousness in the ambulance. she was mumbling your name.at least that's what everyone heard.

brian: please come, she's still in surgery but it doesn't look good. not for her or the babies.
i'll send you the address.

---------------------

as i was driving, i tried to deny the situation.

every bit of my being tried.

even though the whole situation with my parents resolved in them both fully recovering, i still can't find my way back to haru.

not after what i did to her.

it was too much for one person to handle.

and i didn't want to put her through the process of forgiving me once again after all the things she's been through.

she was meant to reconnect with brian.

he was meant to make her happier than i could ever make her.

bring out her real smile.

but the babies?

what the fuck is he talking about?

and at that moment, i realized god's humor: punishing me for breaking haru's heart by breaking my own.

hey haru, our relationship started with a game of pretend, but tell me, why does it have to end with reality?

please,haru, just this once, can you pretend to forgive while i pretend to forget?