Chapter 8 - I'm Home...

You get to the bureau, waaaaayyyyy before Baron and Muta, so you had time to soak in the sight and remember even more.

   You want to remember everything. Every little detail about Baron.

   You remember that you liked him before, as well, but you never told him. You just did everything to make him happy. You think he at least suspected that you liked him, but you're not sure...

MUTA'S POV

   Baron and I talk for a while, walking, when he brought up the subject that I was afraid he would.

   "So, about you and Y/N... Talking about me..." He said.

   Wow, he really was losing his confident composure...

   "Yeah...?" I say, trying to keep all the calm I had left.

   "Does she love me?" He asks, looking straight into my eyes.

   His eyes were full of love and loss... I know he misses Baroness, and that Y/N reminds him of her, because 'her fur is the purest of white, and her eyes are as blue as the ocean's water.'

   That's how he described Y/N, but does he truly love her more than the Baroness? If him and Y/N hook up, then the Baroness finally shows up, would he go off with the Baroness and leave Y/N to cry on my shoulder? Or would he stay with Y/N and tell the Baroness to go find someone else?

   I hear snapping as Baron snaps his finger in my face.

   "Muta! Does she love me or not?" I could tell he was losing his patience quicker than usual.

   If he loses his patience that quick, it means it's important. Even he has a breaking point.

   "I-I don't exactly know... Ask her." I stutter a bit.

   See? Whenever he breaks, I break a little as well.

   "Ask her?! Do you really think that she will give an honest answer?" Baron asks me.

   Yep. He has broken. Broken bad, this time.

   "I can go ask her..." I say.

   Honestly, I'm a bit afraid of Baron when he breaks. I don't think it would end well for me. At all.

   "You can do that now. We're here." He said to me, still sounding on edge.

   He walked right past Y/N and unlocked the doors to the bureau. Then, he got a phone call from someone, and he took it.

   "Is he okay?" Y/N asks me.

   "He's just a bit on edge..." I reply.

   At least I hope he's only a bit on edge.