10. Let's run!

*PLAY THE SONG LATER*

SONG: STUCK ON YOU BY NEW POLITICS

16:57

School is already over for about 17 minutes and Brendon is no where to be seen. Maybe he forgot about our meeting? Maybe he had something better to do?
I just stood there looking nervously at my clock.

I looked around seeing students coming in and out of the door. I didn't even notice the old school dress code anymore. Sometimes it still confuses me and I want to have my phone back but it's relaxing not having this stress.

"Hi, Ryan! Sorry that I am late. I just had to talk about something important with my teacher", I heard a voice behind me saying. It was Brendon, who else?

"No problem", I said turning around seeing him standing with a smile in front of me. He had his Red glasses on again and a lavender hoodie.
But there was something about his eyes I couldn't describe. They weren't that shiny and happy then before. They were a little bit red and glassy eyes. His eyes said something different then his smile did. He was sad. I could see it.

"Everything ok?", I asked trying not to sound too obtrusive.

"Yeah, why?", he said narrowing his eyes.

"Never mind", I did not want to go into the topic to much, "so you said this café we want to go is called café bellá?"

"It is. But we have to walk, because my car needs to be repaired."

"No problem. I think walking would also be nice", I said.

We started walking and nobody said something for the first minutes. I tried to think of a topic we could talk about, but don't matter how hard I tried I couldn't think of something.

"What is your favourite queen song", he asked out of no where.

"Uhm. Hard to answer. I love bohemian rhapsody", I said. I can remember the first time I heard the song. I immediately loved it. It was when I was around 13 years old and after that I played this song everyday till I knew every phrase and the Melody. I'm relived that I can still remember that memory.

"Really? I also love Bohemian rhapsody, but Killer Queen or Somebody to love are also great!", he said excited.

After a few minutes we got to the café and I just realised how long it would take me to walk alone back. This café wasn't near my house.

We sat down outside at a table for two. I just wanted a coffee and maybe a cheesecake.

"What do you wanna order?", I asked watching brendon who looked concentrated at the card. He pressed his lips together and narrowed his eyes. I had to smile a little bit, because he just looked like a small kid.

"What? Uhm, sorry I wasn't listening", he asked now looking up.

"I asked what you're ordering."

"Oh, right. Uhm, I think a green tea and a cheesecake."

"Not a coffee?", I asked finding it a little bit weird. I mean he can drink Green tea but I never saw a guy drinking that before.

"My mother thinks I'm hyper enough. I don't really need coffee", he chuckled.

His mother was probably right about that. I don't wanna know how hyper he would be after a cup of coffee.

The waiter came and took our orders.

"Why were you so weird after we talked two days ago? When I asked you about your school?", Brendon asked.

"I wasn't weird. I just remembered I had something important to do", I simply said of course not wanting to tell the truth. He wouldn't believe me anyway.