11. You can dance to anything

Dream a little dream of me-Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong

***play the song later***

We sat in his room playing UNO till it started to become dark outside.
It was around 7 pm now and the rain slowly started to stop.

"UNO", Brendon said smiling at his last card.

I laid my red 7 over the blue 7 and Brendon sighed.

"Thanks", he mumbled taking another card, which made him sigh again.

I smiled and laid my red 8 over the cards because Brendon couldn't. He took another card and shook his head.
I only had two more cards left and laid the yellow 8.

"UNO", I said grinning.

Brendon smiled at the sight of the card he just took.
He laid his yellow 0 proudly over my yellow 8.

I just had the 'wish for a color'-card which I laid down.
Brendon pressed his lips together and groaned.

"I won", I said victoriously.

Brendon rolled his eyes but I saw a small smile appearing on his face.

"The rain stopped and it's getting dark outside. I think I should go", I said after we put the cards back in its packaging.

"Oh, right. Uhm, I'll go with you", Brendon said scratching his neck.

"You don't have to go with me."

"It's pretty dark outside and I don't wanna let you walk alone in the dark."

"Uhm, but you have to walk back alone", I said already feeling my cheeks burning.

"Nah, it's ok, but I insist on walking you home."

I had the feeling of the popping soft candys in my stomach again which made me smile a little bit.

"Yeah, uhm. Ok, sure", I said looking down to hide my red cheeks.

We both went downstairs to the door.

"What about your clothes?", I asked pointing at the t-shirt I had on.

"You can keep them", he said smiling.

I just nod with a little grin and put on my shoes. After we made ourselves ready, we went outside finding a nearly dark world. The sun was still falling over the horizon.

We slowly walked and walked to my house.

"Is Susan alright again?", he asked after a while.
I looked at him and saw his hair waving in the wind. He had his eyes locked on the ground while we walked.

"What shouldn't be alright with her?", I asked with a chuckle.

"You told me she got into an accident and her arm got a deep cut."

"Oh, right. She's alright", I said, "and your family member?"

"Uhm, yeah, she's alright", he said but I saw something in his eyes that fade. Did he lie? Maybe he doesn't wanna talk about it so I searched for a topic we could talk about, but Brendon was faster.

"Why do you have such a heavy blood phobia?", he asked, "I mean your face went pale, eventhough my hand just got a small cut."

There wasn't a reason. One day my father just got a deep cut, while we were moving in in our new house. He bled really heavy and I never wanna see that again.

"I just don't like the sight of blood, I mean, some people can't see blood, don't have to mean they have a reason", I said. Maybe that's the reason why, even though it wasn't a horrible memory, just one you don't wanna have in your head.