29. This number is longer than my future

Play the song NOW

Its just one more chance by bing Crosby. It fits good, and i like the vibe of old songs :)

"So... Happy birthday, ryan!", brendon said, smiling next to me. We were still covered in his jacket, which was warm and smelled like Brendon.

"Thanks", I mumbled looking at the ground.

"There's a park, we could sit there? At that time there won't be that much people anymore", Brendon suggested.

"Yeah, we can do that."

So we sat down on one of the cold benches, and Brendon was right, nobody was here except us.
I took a look at the sky and smiled, it was pitch black except the few stars shining. Even the moon was to be seen.

"Beautiful, right?", Brendon asked

"Huh?"

"The stars are shining at us", he said.

"Probabaly they are, maybe they're saying the same thing about us?", I said.

"What?"

"I mean, what if there are two stars looking at the sky and seeing the world shine at them?"

"That's a beautiful thought, eventhough it's impossible", he said.

"Don't kill the moment, Brendon", I chuckled, causing him to laugh.

It became silent again, just us and the stars at the firmament, spending us the light to see.

"I thought about what you said", Brendon slowly began.

I turned my head to him with a hopeful look on my face.

"I know you wouldn't lie to me..., but it's surreal. You know that this is impossible, and I don't have a reason why you should lie to me, you know?", he said, scratching the back of his neck, "so look me in the eyes and tell me you didn't lie."

"I didn't lie, Brendon", I said looking straight into his eyes.

"...so does that mean, that we just have time till February?", he asked, his voice breaking.

"That's true", I mumbled.

"Will you leave? You said you can choose, so will you leave?", he asked, a glim of hope in his eyes, that made my heart slowly break.

"I- I will probably go.... I have family there and... what about Susan and Spencer? I grew up with them, they're like my siblings... And my parents, I miss them so fucking much", I said, a tear rolling down my cheek.

"I understand", he said, "I think I would've done the same."

"You're not mad?", I asked.

"No, it's the right thing to do. I'm sad and mad and angry, but not of you, of that situation. I love you, Ryan. It's gonna be hard when you leave", he said, his eyes starting to water.