Chapter Six

Psst, look at the beautiful edit above! Guess who made it? My Queen,  Lylah James! I'm so in love with it! Quick, say something nice about her edit or I'll be killed. She's on her period, she can be a monster....so nice comments about it, please. 😍😍

Oliver

Few weeks later

A diamond.

She was a diamond. A crimson ruby. She was made of glass, and a single touch of thunder and storm could break her into a million breakable pieces.

But I didn't only see a breakable object. No. She was a human, made of flesh and blood. On that significant night, where the rain had poured down on us, as the lightning stroke, my eyes had drifted to her. To her scar. A hypnotizing scar that didn't show weakness but strength. Survival of her past. Of her pain. Her scar was a sign of an unbreakable human.

I was a man, a monster, made and born to kill. I had known that since the moment I had not only wanted to hurt someone but unapologetically killed someone. Someone that I've once called my father. A father who had no dignity while raping my mother every fucking night. Eventually it came to an end. He crossed a limit when he dared to put his hand on my two younger sisters.

And right in front them, I had killed him. With my bare hands. I didn't regret it. No. It had made me smile at the bloody sight of him. Weak, defenseless and lifeless he was. White as the snow. The only thing I regretted was not to torture him longer, and the fact that my mother and sisters had to see the monster I was.

Since that day, I had left them. With a dead piece of father on the white carpet that had soaked in his red blood, and three women I would do anything to protect. I had cleaned after me, buried him somewhere where he would never be found, eliminated any trace. All while they had watched. The fear in their eyes had made me vanish from their life, going as far away as I could where they no longer could reach me. I had been eighteen, dirty money I have owned since I was 13 were tugged in my pocket and a small bag on my hand.

I didn't deserve to be a member of their family. I was different. My destiny involved with guns, blood and dead bodies. I don't do soft. I don't do small talks. I don't do emotions.

Until her.

This woman.

This little unbreakable Ruby. Ruby and her fascinating scar.

***

I went through the security system, before entering my own house. It was late. And I didn't expect Ruby to be awake. When I saw her crimson hair that wasn't affected by the dim light on the hallway, my hand immediately went over the sleeve of my black suit where I knew blood was stained. It had been another deadly night. Normally I return back home with blood stained in more than one place, but since the day Ruby had moved in, temporary, I had been more careful. But tonight, I had slipped with my carefulness.

Blood and violence was Ruby's fear. And those words were my middle name. I knew having me around her isn't something she rather enjoyed. But strangely and lately, she had almost...warmed up around me. She's acting different. She was no longer shivering in fear. Her eyes had the courage to look at mine. And she no longer flinches when our hands accidentally touch.

I don't know how I feel about that.

I don't understand why I suddenly felt my heart beating after a long time. It had been beating a lot lately. I had felt it a lot lately.

"You're home." she spoke. Her voice had soft notes. That somehow found their way to my heart to hammer on it. Even more.

"You're awake." I replied, still hiding the blood stain on my sleeve. I didn't fucking care if it was dark around us. I couldn't risk her to see it.