Chapter Seven

NOT EDITED

Oliver

"Run until I say stop." I commanded, eyeing Ruby carefully.

Her determination was written in her eyes and in her body language as she stood alerted. Her eyes and ears on me. I wanted to smile. Something I rarely do. In fact, never. But Ruby continued to invade me and surprise me. She had asked me to train her, to teach her self-defense moves. There had been a fire in her eyes, and I fucking lived for that fire. She had willingly asked me to teach her something I know by blood, soul and heart. Fighting. It wasn't exactly killing, but Ruby is allowing me to teach her on something I'm well..familiar with. I didn't want the storm in her eyes to calm down. No. I wanted it to start a chaos. And so did she. She's a woman, prepared to learn how to survive in this fucked up world.

I wanted this for her. There is no fucking doubt I'll always be there for her, as her own bodyguard. Even after she moves back to her own place and we have solved the shit that was thrown at us. I'll watch her and protect her. But knowing that she'll master a couple of self-defense tactics, it'll ease my...worry for her. I'll give both of us time, for her to lessen the possibility of her dying and for me to be on time and save her.

Ruby didn't question my command and began running around the gym that I already have in my house. I stood, arms crossed and legs slightly apart. She ran her laps, just like she has done for a week now. Running had already been part of her daily routine, due the fact that she used to run on her treadmill. Nevertheless, it was important. If she happens to escape an enemy, she'll more likely learn to run. Fast.

After her fifth – last - lap, sweat began to touch her skin. And I swallowed. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. My eyes dropped to her body. The black tights hugged her long legs, her round thighs and her curved rear perfectly. My gaze continued to travel upwards, soaking in the bare creamed colored waist. Fuck her skin appeared...smooth. So delicate. So feminine. My knuckles clenched the farther up my eyes traveled. Her breasts. Full. Firm. They made a man envision sinful acts that'll drive him to insanity, possessiveness consumes his veins. And he will not rest until he claimed her with his mark.

She has a tempting body. A strong figure. And my hands that usually loved to rip a heart out from a human, suddenly desired to touch every curve. Feel every skin. Pleasure every feminine corner.

Blood rushed through my body and throbbed my cock awake. Fuck.

Ruby stopped in front of me, her natural reddish lips were apart as she breathed in oxygen. Her hazel eyes, watched me, waiting for my next command. Turning away, not wanting her to see the hardness showing between my pants, I walked toward the water bottle that was against the wall. I took my time, trying to silence my head and not consume it with more thunder. Thunder and storm. Something she has evoked within me.

"Drink." I threw the bottle toward her and she caught it perfectly. I forced my eyes away and stood on the mat waiting for her. My back at her. My fucking cock hasn't settled down yet. I clenched my jaw, curled my hands into fists and focused on death. Death makes me numb, an heartless monster.

"Are you okay?" her voice was husky from running. And it didn't feed my death. It feed my cock.

I ignored her question and faced her. My eyes fully set on hers and nothing else. She put her hands on her hips and waited. Her waiting for me was starting to mock me. Crossing my arms over my chest I levered her with my glance. Her throat moved as she swallowed, hazel eyes caught the movement of my arms before they went up to my eyes.

"Which are the soft spots you should aim toward if you want to impair your attacker?" I ask her, expecting her to know the answer since we already went over the answers and self-defense moves this past week.