CHAPTER 4: NEW FRIENDS MEET OLD FRIENDS

"Hey, we're back!" Kate's best friends, Nicole and Monica yelled as they arrived at their group's table, the girls had been away in Italy on vacation for the past month. Kate stood up hugging both of them, "ugh, I'm so happy! I've missed you both so much!" she replied with as they all sat back down. It had been a week since the first day back at school, Nikki and Kate had agreed they would still hang out even though they were no longer in HPE together, and Elena and Kate had got to know one another more and had become a little closer. Nicole and Monica immediately started questioning the girl on how the first week had gone so far, Kate told them about her new friends. The girls were genuinely happy for her to have made friends other than them, not because they didn't like hanging out with her, they've been best friends since primary school. Kate was just more of a quiet, introverted person compared to most, so this was new for her. The rest of the morning was spent with Nicole and Monica filling Kate in about their trip and all the cool art and architecture that had seen right up until first class, which for her was History.

Kate walked in to her class and was one of the first people there, "hey," Mrs Chester greeted her cheerfully with a large smile, "hey there, how are you today?" Kate asked just a cheerfully. The two continued to have their casual conversation as the class filled up and soon Elena had walked in. She waved with a smile at Kate, who gladly returned the gesture, "cute," her teacher said with a knowing smirk. "What are you talking about?" Kate questioned, clearly confused, Mrs Chester shook her head slightly, smiling as she told Kate to take a seat, muttering under her breath, "completely oblivious," before she begun her lesson.

Kate's next class was a study which she shared with all her friends, Elena, Nikki, Monica, and Nicole. Elena and her made their way to the library where they met with Nikki, whom Elena had met last week in this same class. They kept up small talk about their other classes before being joined by Nicole and Monica, they all immediately clicked with one another which made Kate feel relieved as she was worried about this. The whole lesson was spent just getting to know one another more, throughout it Kate had joined in on majority of the conversation but otherwise kept to herself. She felt a little weird when she'd contribute because Elena's full attention would be on her. Every time their eyes would meet, Elena would smile sweetly and Kate felt something course through her that she was unsure of, making her flush a slight shade of red. Monica actually noticed this and made a mental note to bring it up later to her best friend, Kate.

The period had just ended and the group of girls were headed to their lunch table, Nicole, Nikki, and Elena ahead of Monica and Kate. "So, any boys yet?" Monica questioned suggestively, immediately dismissing the idea, Kate replied with what she always replied with, "you know I don't have time for any and none of these guys here are really my type." Monica laughed slightly before replying with, "but that's what you always say," at this Kate shook her head, looking up at the sound of Elena laughing at something Nikki had said. Monica noticed this, "hmm, or maybe your type just isn't guys," she whispered into Kate's ear as she skipped off to the others who had sat down at their table. The only seat left was one next to Elena, Kate rolled her eyes and sat down lazily, taking her food out and beginning to eat.

The day had just ended and Kate was on her way out to her car, a gorgeous black BMW m4, when she heard someone call her name from behind her. Turning around she noticed Elena walking at a fast pace toward her, her hair blowing gently in the wind and the sun shining brightly on her, making her look heavenly. "Hey, you walk fast love," Elena breathed out as she caught up to her at her car, Kate laughed slightly at the girl in front of her before replying with, "well yeah, gotta get home to my girl you know." Elena had a look unreadable to Kate fly across her face before a bright smile took over, "oh right, your dog, can I please meet her?" she questioned, dragging out the 'please'. Kate thought about it for a moment before nodding her head smiling at the pleading girl in front of her. "Yes!" Elena cheered as she skipped around to the passenger seat and hopping in the car. Kate shook her head, laughing slightly as she too hopped in the car and drove off toward her home.