CHAPTER 12: HAPPINESS

Elena was the first to wake the next morning seeing that she and Kat had fallen asleep on the girl's couch the night before. She noticed that the brunette girl had shifted their position and was now laying almost on top of her, cuddled up into her. El thinks about their conversation last night and wonders how someone could just leave Kat the way Amy did. She's so beautiful, her hair a dark brown with sections lighter than the rest, her eyes a beautiful green hazel, and lips a perfect size. El runs her hand down the side of the girl's face smiling at her still sleeping form. Kat shifts slightly groaning before her eyes flutter open to be met with beautiful brown orbs staring down at her. "Good morning sleepy head," Kat hears a raspy British voice whisper lowly as she stretches across the body beneath her.

Looking up she realised she was basically laying on Elena, she clears her throat muttering out a "sorry...morning," as she moves off the blonde girl. "Don't be sorry," El laughs lightly, "we do need to be getting up now though, school starts in an hour," she continues before stretching herself. "Hm? Oh yeah right..." Kat trails off not wanting to leave this moment right here with El. "You okay?" El questions rubbing her hand against the soft forearm of the girl next to her, "yeah...I'm fine," Kat replies grabbing her phone from the coffee table in front of them, getting out of El's embrace. "You're lying," El behind with a sigh, "...again," she finishes, grabbing her own phone too. "I'm not, I just," Kat starts before breathing out heavily, "I'm gonna stay home today, I need to." El takes her eyes from her phone to scan the brunette beside her, "you're having a day off from school?" she questions as though it's as rare as the Loch Ness monster, "wow, ok..." she trails off in thought. "What?" Kat questions as she stands up stretching properly, "nothing," El replies quietly as she too stands. "Now you're the one lying," Kat says placing her hands on her hips staring at the blonde with one brow quirked, El looks at her with her own quirked brow admiring the way she looks.

Kat's brunette hair was a mess right now, her eyes tired and squinted slightly from the sunlight, her perfect brow quirked, hands resting sassily on her hips with her shirt raised up slightly on the left revealing a small tattoo Elena wished to question her about later. Kat cleared her throat, raising her brow even more smirking at the blonde staring at her. El stammered slightly realising she had just been distracted by the brunette, "I-um-what?" She asked dumbfounded. "Oh right," she laughs lightly folding the blanket used to drape over the two, "you're staying home because of some girl?" Kat sighs taking the blanket from the blonde placing it beside them. "Yes. I am," she says bluntly, "well then I am too," El says matter of factly as she walks into the kitchen and straight to the fridge. "What?" Kat asks completely shocked and confused, "mhm," El hums as she takes a sip from her juice, "I'm staying home too, to keep you company." Kat just simply nods not wanting to argue that El shouldn't skip school just for her, and send a quick text out to their group of friends saying she'll see them Monday.

Checking the time before locking her phone, Kat noticed that it's only 7:30 in the morning and decided that she's going back to bed. She begins to leave for her room when she hears El following her, "where ya going?" the British girl asks quizzically. "Bed," Kat says as they arrive at her room, "I am so freaking tired," she finished with a yawn laying on her bed patting the spot beside her inviting Elena to do the same which she does immediately. The two lay there for a minute in silence both just staring at the roof above before El decided to break the quiet. "What's your name?" She asks as she turns on her side to face Kat, "hm?" She hums in response brows furrowed. "Your name," El starts as she leans up on her arm, "when we first met I asked if 'Kate' was short for anything and you said yes. So what's it short for?" Kat laughs lightly in realisation. "Katerina," she replies with simply, El was shocked at this answer, expecting it to be something like 'Katelyn.' "Oh wow, really?" She asks, Kat nods humming a yes before turning herself to face the blonde. "Hm, Katerina Vincent," She says amused, "I like it." Kat laughs lightly at this, "you're such a dork," she says at the smiling girl in front of her. "You love it," El says with an even bigger smile, "of course," Kat replies with a smile replicating that of the British girl's.

They both laughed lightly before the air became comfortably quiet again, the two now staring into one another's eyes intently. Kat's eyes flutter down to the blonde's lips admiring there shape and plumpness before flickering back up to her chocolate eyes hoping she didn't notice. El smirks slightly at this as she definitely did before she does the same, her eyes falling to the lips in front of her lingering a little longer than what Kat's did and then back up to green hazel eyes. Both girls licked their lips before slowing beginning to lean towards one another in a trance. They were so close now, noses lightly touching, lips mere centimetres apart, eyes scanning between lips and eye contact, and breathing heavy against each other. Their eyes fluttered shut as they began to lean in the rest of the way. The two backed up quickly as Luna pounced between the two scaring them both. "Fuck," Kat breathes out annoyed, her dog unaware of what she just interrupted licks at her owner barking softly at her.

Kat gets up from the bed muttering a small and awkward "sorry" as she heads to give Luna some breakfast and more water. In the kitchen she pours some kibble, places it on the ground and sits beside the hungry pup. "Of all the times Lun," she shakes her head smiling softly, "just had to be the one time I'm about to kiss the girl," she says amused petting her dog's head. "She's so beautiful and makes me happy Luna...does she make you happy too?" She asks as the pup finishes her food jumping on her owners lap licking at her face, "ok ew I'm taking that as a yes," she says standing from behind the counter. Standing she's met with curious brown orbs staring back at her, she freezes on the spot, "I-I um how much did you hear?" She questions with a stutter rubbing the back of her neck internally groaning. "Enough," Elena says lowly as she struts around the bench placing her plump lips directly to Kat's. The brunette girl is shocked at first and takes a second before moving her lips in sync humming contently at the feeling she's been waiting for. The feeling of soft plump lips against her own. The two disconnect both with their eyes still closed and happy smiles plastered across their faces. "Wow," Kat lets out quietly as their eyes open, El laughs lightly at this, "wow indeed," she adds. The two laugh lightly at one another before Kat releases a loud yawn, "lets go back to bed," Elena says softly leading the way. The two cuddle up happy to just hold one another as they drift off into slumber.