CHAPTER 10: SHE

The two girls stared at each other, Kat trying to find her words and El waiting intently to hear them. "Ok," Kat breathed out, "so her name is...Amy, she my ex-best friend," her eyes darted quickly down to Luna before she continued her story. "And I loved her..." El spoke up wanting to clarify what Kat meant, "we all love our best friends, that's what makes them our best friends." Kat laughed lowly at this shaking her head, "no, not in the way I did Elena," she looked up to meet her eyes for a brief moment, "I loved her more than that, it was like nothing I had felt ever before," she breathed heavily, her eyes brimming with tears again. "We were closer than ever, and I thought I did just love her in the way you thought but I didn't, I loved her in a totally different way. Every time I saw her, my body would...tingle all  over, I'd be filled with so much feeling, but I didn't know what it was. Once I realised what I was feeling, I became distant toward her, and she noticed this. We began to argue about small stupid things, and it hurt me...so much more than her. One day we got into a huge fight about Amy wanting to go hang out with some group of guys she'd met a few weeks prior. I told her I didn't want that, and she started yelling about how I never want to do anything with her anymore and demanded to know why. So I told her. I told her how I felt. How I felt when I'd see her, when I'd talk to her, when I'd hear her voice."

Kat looked back to El who was listening intently still, "wh-what did she say?" She stuttered out. "I-she was shocked to say the least. She started denying that it could be true and left. She just completely left because of me. I haven't seen her in just over a year...well until today." El's brows furrowed at this, "she left?" she questioned the sad girl in front of her, "yes, just like that, no good bye, nothing." Kat looked down at her retreating pup that was headed toward the kitchen. Elena reached up turning Kat's head back toward her, their eyes meeting to see the tears falling lightly from Kat's eyes. El couldn't help it anymore, she leant forward wrapping her arms tightly around Kat, both girls sighing at the feeling. Kat began to sob into El's shoulder as she was cooed by the British girl.

After Kat's sobs turned back to careful breathing, she pulled away, cheeks stained with tears and eyes red. El reached up pushing strands of Kat's hair from her face, "thanks," Kat mutters out in a raspy voice wiping at her own face too. "It's just a few strands love," El giggles out lightly, "I know, but thank you...for all of this," she says gesturing to the drenched section of El's shirt. "It's ok, trust me, thank you for opening up," El replies with a loving smile, "you should go shower," she says tapping Kat's thigh. "Are you telling me I smell?" Kat's laughs out, "no! God no!" El replies quickly, "you always smell amazing," she lets out subconsciously. "I-I mean, you should go shower to relax yourself and to wash your face," she quickly recovers moving to grab her phone, "go, go, I'll order something to eat." Kat stands up slowly nodding, "thank you," she says as she walks away to her bathroom leaving Elena to stare at her retreating figure.

Kat left her room, dressed in some navy sweats and a loose light grey tee, her hair still damp from her shower. Rounding the corner she spots El playing happily with Luna on the rug in front of the couch. "Hey," she says quietly her voice still with a slight rasp after crying so much, Luna's ears pique up at her owner's voice and she runs around to meet her. "Hey," El says just as quiet as she stands up walking over to the two. Kat notices that the British girl's still wearing skinny jeans and a tight tee, she picks her dog up turning to El. "You should change, your clothes are too...tight to be comfortable in them for the night," El quirks her brow at Kat's assumption, "for the night?" she questions curiously. "I-uh I mean if you want t-to stay the night," Kat stutters out, "of course love," El lightly laughs out. Kat turns walking to her bedroom, Luna in her arms and Elena following closely behind. She placed the pup on the bed where El takes a seat patting Luna. Kat walks into her closet reappearing with a pair of light grey sweats and a loose black tee for El. Taking the clothing she thanks Kat before being guided into the bathroom and given a towel.

The two girls, now showered and comfortable, sit on the couch, watching American Horror Story eating some Chinese takeout with Luna sleeping beneath them. After hours of watching the show that has become both of their favourite show, Elena yawns before leaning her head on the lap of Kat who's still wide awake. A few minutes later, Kat felt the British girl's breath become shallow against her and small snores were heard. Kat smiles down at the girl sleeping peacefully on her as she runs her hand through her golden blonde hair. In this moment, she realises that she's fallen for this girl, and it's not like how she was with Amy, no it's different. There's something different there, real happiness. With Amy she would have only been happy with her in one way, only if she had her all to herself. But with Elena she just wants to see her happy, and as much as she wants to be the source of that happiness, she could live even if it was someone else, just so long as the beautiful girl was happy.