CHAPTER 5: CONNECTING

"Wow, this is your house?" Elena questioned as the two girls pulled up to Kate's house, "yep," she replied shortly. "It's so nice!" Elena commented, hopping out of the car staring up at the dark shaded one-storey home in front of her. "I mean, yeah, it's alright.." Kate said shyly as she unlocked the front door. Immediately the two girls were met with a small blur of black running towards them. Kate dropped, petting the little dog, talking to her in a 'baby-like' voice. Elena smiled down at the two before hopping down as well petting the dog. "Luna, this is Elena, please be nice," Kate spoke still in the same voice, which Elena giggled at, "hi there, cutie," she spoke mimicking the same voice as Kate.

At her voice, Luna immediately pounced on the girl, successfully knocking her down and licking her face. Kate laughed at this as she stood up to put her bag and shoes away. Elena stood up, holding the small dog, and followed Kate around, ogling at the artwork and vinyls around her house. "Wow, your house is beautiful," she spoke in amazement, "why thank you, I'm glad you like it," Kate replied as she placed her bag at her desk. "You like Lana del Rey?" Elena asked, slightly shocked but amazed, as she picked up one of Kate's many vinyls displayed, "yeah, she's my favourite singer like literally ever," she replied excited that someone knows who she is. "That's really cute," Elena started, "you excited, it's cute, I haven't seen you like this yet," she continued in a very loving sounding way. Kate spun around facing the girl, "I-uh yeah," she awkwardly said before clearing her throat, "would you like something to drink?" She asked. "U-um yeah, please, anything is fine," Elena replied as she followed Kate in to her modern styled kitchen placing Luna on the ground. The dog immediately ran around to Kate, jumping at her legs.

The girls both had something to drink and were now just sitting on the couch, enjoying each other's company, chatting about random things. "So, how come her name is Luna?" Elena questioned as the small dog jumped up onto the space between the two. "Well, Luna is another word for the moon, and I heard this thing once about it from someone that really spoke to me," Kate answered staring down at the dog in front of her. "What's the thing you heard?" Elena asked her, her full attention on the girl next to her, Kate looked up at the girl staring straight in her eyes, Elena smiled lovingly at her before Kate looked back down at Luna replying. "It was; And yet I believe that the moon knows what it's like to be human. Uncertain. Alone. Created by imperfections," she said slowly as she looked away from the energy filled pup to the angel-like girl in front of her. Elena looked slightly shocked, at this Kate added to what she'd previously said, "o-or something like that. Luna was a small puppy alone in the rescue centre when I adopted her and one of her ears is constantly flopped down, so it's an imperfection. But to me? To me she's perfect," she finished the last bit in her 'baby-like' voice again. Elena had a wide smile across her face as she stared at this girl in front of her, she was completely amazed at both the thought she'd put into naming her small dog and the love clearly seen between the two. "That's so cute, babe," Elena spoke as the dog now jumped towards her, sitting in her lap.