Chapter 6

Miku got more and more excited with every line that we wrote. By the time the clock read 9:30, the four of us were joking and laughing like we had been best friends for years. Even Luka, though she did speak a little less than the rest of us.

Gumi ran around the apartment, grabbing instruments from both Luka and Miku's room. We tested out the sounds of each with the lyrics, and decided that the keyboard sounded best. We couldn't simulate the beat, because Miku and Luka didn't have drums in their apartment and they said they didn't feel like walking upstairs to Kaito and Gakupo's room.

It was almost 11 pm. Miku stared in awe at her notebook page, now filled with words. It had scribbles all over it in red pen, and overall looked like a giant jumble of letters and marks. However, Miku held it like it was the Bible.

"I love it," she whispered as we began to wrap it up. She jumped up like an excited five-year-old who was just given a new toy. "I love it, I love it, I love it! It's so fucking good, I love it!"

I grinned, my eyes drooping from exhaustion. I forgot how tiring it was to write a song. We'd been at it for almost eight hours straight.

"Let's go record it," Miku continued. Her hair was frizzy from laying on the couch for so long.

"What?" Gumi stared at her in confusion.

"Right now," Miku continued, jumping in excitement. "Let's go record it right now."

Luka let out a laugh. "It's the middle of the night."

"I have the key to the studio. Let's go! Please?" Miku flashed her puppy dog eyes.

Luka waved her off. "Fuck that."

Gumi thought for a second. "I'll go," she offered, brushing her hair behind her ear.

"Yes!" Miku grabbed her by the arm, yanking her to her feet. Gumi let out a yelp, before being dragged to the door. She glanced back at Luka and I. We shrugged at her as she disappeared into the lobby. Miku had completely forgotten about our existence.

Luka and I were left alone. I stared at the ground, my eyes half-closed.

Luka laughed. "You look high."

I smiled slightly. "I'm tired as all hell." I sighed, imagining my fluffy, comfortable bed. My eyes widened. "Oh shit," I looked around, realizing I had left my phone in my apartment.

"What's wrong?" Luka asked.

"My parents were supposed to bring by the rest of my stuff today." I stood up. "And I left my phone in the apartment."

"Tsk, tsk," Luka scolded. "Probably worried sick."

I feeling of dread washed over me. My poor mother. "Yeah, I'm gonna go."

"Alright." Luka started looking through her phone again. I jumped over the couch, and opened the front doors.

"Wait," I heard Luka say behind me. I turned.

"Yeah?"

Her shoulders drooped. She searched for her words. "Miku was right," she commented finally. "That song was pretty sick."

I smiled. "It is."

I closed the door behind me. Apology accepted, I thought as I climbed the stairs.

The closed door to my-our- apartment stopped me. I again wondered if I should knock, or just go in.

I sighed. I needed to get over this. I lived here; and I didn't have to act like a guest in my own house. I confidently gripped the handle, pushing the door open. I heard the T.V. playing, and walked around the fireplace to see Len laying on the couch. He gave me an indifferent look, and returned his gaze to the T.V. My lost bow sat on one of the steps.