Chapter 24

Chapter 24 aka the chapter of sinning. This chapter contains STRONG sexual content. You're welcome :)

This chapter (and probably a few following this one) get more than a little hot and heavy. Have fun. But not too much fun.

The rest of the night was spent in the company of all of our friends, for better or worse. Our moment was ignored, but never forgotten, and I was reminded of that fact every time I glanced at Len to find he was doing the same. No one seemed to notice the air between us during dinner.

"Rinny, come stay with us tonight?"

"Hm?" My mind was not in the conversation.

"Come have a slumber party with us!" Gumi was telling me. "We gotta have some kind of party after this. That doesn't involve... fancy stuff."

"I'm exhausted," Kaito objected.

"It's a girls night." Miku wagged a finger at him. "You weren't invited."

"Okay," I agreed, before thinking it over. Looks like Len and I's... confrontation would have to wait. We exchanged glances once more.

"I'm ready to go," Miku leaned back in her seat, yawning.

"Me, too." Gumi patted her belly. "I've eaten enough to last me a year." She stood, along with everyone else, and we made our way to the front doors. The ballroom was still full of life once we left. The harp had been put away about an hour ago, though, so my interest had waned, as well.

Standing in front of the glass doors, the girls said their final goodbyes to the guys. I felt unable to say anything to him in the situation we were in. I stood near the doors, waiting patiently.

And then, out of nowhere, Len appeared at my side with the jacket of his tux in his hand. He draped it wordlessly over my bare shoulders.

We made eye contact once again, and, just as I was about to say something, Gumi yelled from the door.

"Rinny! Come on!"

He nodded towards them, wordlessly telling me to go on.

Dammit, Gumi. I thought, tearing myself away from him and running after her. Of course something like this would happen right after I yelled at Gumi for... thinking that something like this would happen. The one time I wanted her to think something was going on, she was totally clueless. It's completely my fault, though.

Everyone had gone inside to escape the freezing night air. Len's jacket smelt like his cologne, a realization that I took advantage of.

"What movies are we watching?" Luka asked.

"I'm feeling some Old but Gold movies," Meiko suggested.

"Yes!" Gumi shot a fist into the air. The sound of our steps on the wooden bridge echoed across the frozen lake. The half dedicated to ice skating was covered in circular scratches. Which ones are ours?

"Which ones?" asked Luka, who was clearly all for the idea.

"The Labyrinth!" Gumi answered.

"Okay, I never got on the 'David-Bowie-in-tight-pants' train. I can't get with it," Miku laughed.

"But it's such a good movie!" Gumi wailed.

"Okay, okay. We can watch it."

The next morning was no better. I had fallen asleep on the couch, burrowed into a nest of pillows and blankets. Loud knocking sounded from the door, waking me up. Everyone else, except for Luka, had fallen asleep in their rooms.