xx

"You have got to be kidding me." Mali's mouth flew open as she walked into their new home in Sydney. She giggled and ran up the stairs to the big room she claimed as hers. Once college ended for her, she decided to work and save up for a house of her own. 

Calum wondered upstairs as well, going to claim his room. His room was smaller than his mum's and his sisters, but he was still grateful for it. When he found out about the big move, he just finished graduating high school, and applied for many universities in the Sydney area. Calum was a really smart guy, he got into all of them and was valedictorian of his class. He decided to go with the University of Sydney, because they have a great arts program. 

The raven haired boy traveled downstairs and saw his mum in the living room area examining the mover guys moving in their furniture. His mother smiled weakly at him, she was very tired and weak from all of the stress lately. She would never dare to tell her kids about the amount of stress put upon her, between going to court every week trying to finalize the divorce, and getting everything situated with the new house. 

"Calum, how are you doing?" She placed her hands on her hips not taking her eyes off of the movers, making sure they didn't break anything. Joy looked at her son, and saw the worry in his eyes, she shook her head, "Baby boy, I'm fine."

Cal shook his head and looked at his feet, "It doesn't seem like it lately." 

She chuckled to herself softly, and reached into her pocket pulling out her wallet. Joy managed to get out a crumbled twenty and gave it to her son. "Why don't you go to that small burger place, and get you something to eat?"

Calum smiled brightly and took the money, he could never resist food. Food was his favorite thing in the world, aside from his family. Every time Calum was upset he'd simply gorge a lot of food in his mouth to set aside foolish emotions. 

He took an energetic stroll down to this burger joint and stood in line happily. 

"I bet you couldn't fit that whole burger in your mouth." Calum looked around and saw a group of friends eating burgers happily. Their accents were so different from what Cal was used to, and he ended up trying to mimic their accents.

"EE BEAT YEW CULDN'T FEET THAT HOLE BURGAR EEN YOOR MOUTH." Calum said aloud ignoring the guy behind him. 

"Mate, do you reckon you can move up in the line?" 

Calum panicked and stopped staring at the group and muttered out a thousand apologizes to the man behind him. Once he ordered, he sat close to the loud group while waiting for his food, and listened in.

"I just don't think she's right for you man, one second she's all over you and the next second she's ringing up the police on you."

"She's just confused mate, I swear." The loud group erupted with laughter and continued to eat their food.

A skinny waiter came to deliver Calum his goodness, and the raven haired boy beamed. He snatched the food out his hands before saying thank you, and began to chow down. Calum didn't even realize he was moaning until someone at the loud table snickered. 

"It's a good burger, yeah?" The accent was so thick, and the voice was deep. He looked up without noticing he had sauce all over his face. "Would you like a serviette?"

Calum reluctantly put his burger down and furrowed his eyebrows, "What is that?"

The loud table roared with laughter, some of the Aussie's even wiping tears away. Calum nervously laughed and coughed awkwardly.

"It's alright, most of my friends here are drongo's. But I'm guessing you're not from here, yeah?" The guy tried to hush his friends, and handed Calum a napkin while snickering. "I'm Luke, and these are my friends, Michael, Ashton, Rose and T."

Calum wiped his face while raising his eyebrows, "Just T?" T waved at him while continuing to eat his burger, smacking at Michael's hand that was sneaking for a chip. "Well, I'm Calum and I moved here from Lincolnshire." 

Luke smiled warmly at him while everyone else in the group scoffed. "If you want a tour around Sydney, I-we'd be glad to give you one." His blue eyes sparkled with hope that Cal couldn't seem to say no to.

"Sure that would be great, but can I finish eating though?" His mouth watered as he looked down at his unfinished burger. Luke nodded while laughing, and Calum smiled and continued to eat his burger. Cal felt tension build in the room, the once loud table was now quiet, and hushed angry whispers were thrown around. 

"Well what if I don't want to tour him around, I mean look at him." He heard Ashton whisper softly to the group. Cal couldn't help but feel a drop in his stomach as everyone responded to Ashton with laughter. He quickly finished his burger, and left the burger place.

don't get upset don't get upset don't get upset

"Wanna see something cool?"

That thick accent. He turned around and saw Luke to his full height with a satchel around his torso. Calum took his bottom lip between his teeth and nodded happily.