i

↠

mission: Main Beach in Byron Bay

Luke stared at the letters he just wrote on the paper, and licked his bottom lip. He was planning this trip for Calum, but he was too busy with school. Rose snickered as she stared at her phone. She's been texting a new girl from Melbourne, and she couldn't stop smiling.

"Alright, so how are we splitting up the driving?" Ashton sat back dangling his keys around his middle finger. He was always the chauffeur in the group—and wasn't planning on driving this whole trip. "I'm always stuck behind the wheel."

T sat up in his creaky wooden chair they provided at the diner, "Well, it's an eight hour drive, so you can drive for three, I'll drive for three and Luke does two."

Ashton gestured his lips toward the blue haired girl, "What about Rose? How 'bout, everyone does two hours behind the wheel?"

Luke sighed, tilting his head back. He would've been fine having a Calum-only road trip. "I honestly think that's too much moving around, mate."

Ashton flicked him off, "So does anyone else have any inputs?"

Michael was completely lost in his food and didn't pay any mind to the discussion. He thought the road trip in general was idiotic. He never planned on learning how to drive because Ashton was stupid enough to drive him anywhere he wanted to go. Surely a normal person would get tired of driving someone around—but Ashton...he didn't mind it.

The restaurant door opened revealing Calum, an immediate smile was placed on his red lips when he saw Luke sitting at one of the many beat up tables. The raven haired boy always thought the blonde was insanely gorgeous even though he never tried. Luke's normal attire consisted of rolled up tee shirts, ripped blue jeans and aged vans. His hair was always curly mess, his blonde locks constantly falling into his electric blue eyes.

Luke took his lip in between his two teeth as the smaller man walked up to their table. Calum sat next to him and he pecked the blondes cheek—both of them blushing.

T raised an eyebrow at both of them while raising a fry, and motioning it at the two of them, "Are you guys dating?"

Luke placed a hand on Calum's thigh out of everyone's view, "It's a working process."

"What's this?" Calum's fingers danced on the paper Luke was writing on earlier. "Main Beach."

He licked his lips and nodded, "Yeah, we're going there because you're too busy with school."

Calum wanted to see all what Australia offered for him, deep down he really wanted to go on this trip. But missing school is not something he is usually up for. Mali advised him to have fun while he still could...maybe this trip was it. He closed his eyes, and opened them slowly, "I want to go."

The car ride was silent as mostly everyone was asleep. Ashton was awake, and received directions from Luke who sat in the passenger seat. "I can't believe your little boyfriend agreed to come. I thought he lived for school."