oo

The air was nippy at night as the two sat on the edge of the cliff. Luke knew that Calum would love everything about this small waterfall. The area was vacant, and the fresh air cleared out their lungs. A slight breeze fell past Calum's face as he closed his eyes taking it in. "Is this what euphoria feels like?"

The taller one licked his lips and smiled afterwards while looking at the water crashing onto the rocks. Everything seemed to be better at night--the way the wind tickled his nose, how all things seemed calm. A dimple peeked itself at his right cheek, "I guess so." 

Calum was beginning to think he could like it in Sydney, it was not like his hometown-but he felt as if maybe...there was something good here. Seconds later, Luke stood up and began to take his shirt off. Cal furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and looked up at him, "What are you doing?"

Luke smirked and pulled the smaller one up with him. "Let's go for a swim." Calum's mouth flew open and immediately started to shake his head. He chuckled, "Come on, it will be fun, don't you want to try something new?"

"Swimming in a waterfall is dangerous, Lucas! The water has more power when it's moving." He studied Luke's blue eyes, and noticed a shift in them. The blonde's once wide smile began to fade slowly, and he began to place his shirt on. 

"Let's go." Luke began to walk back to his car. 

"Wait-you don't want to swim anymore?" Calum pointed his thumb to the waterfall feeling a sudden weight on his heart. 

"I'm not going to force you to do anything you don't want to do." He gave Calum a warm smile while taking his hand, "Come on, let's go back." 

Calum took back his hand and took off his shirt. He began to run to the cliff and jumped into the crashing water down below. 

"fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck-" Luke muttered as he took off his shoes and shirt and dove in after him. He began to swim around searching for Calum. He called out his name soon choking on water he accidentally swallowed. "CALUM!"

He felt a sudden weight on his back and yelped as Calum took them both down in the water. They both resurfaced and Calum was cackling loudly as the blonde just stared at him. Once two of them were stabled in the water, Luke placed his hands on Calum's cheeks, and searched his eyes. "Did you get hurt?" 

Calum licked his lips as he stared at the man in front of him. He couldn't deny Luke's perpetual beauty. Water droplets hung onto his long pale eyelashes, and the corner of his lips. His cheeks were flushed and jaw clenched. His sapphire eyes seemed to break the barriers of the dark atmosphere surrounding them. Luke's shoulders were broad and his biceps carried a lot of muscle. "No, I'm fine."

Luke's whole body relaxed hearing Calum's three words, and a small smile was placed on his face. "Who knew you had it in you...I have to say, Hood, I'm impressed." 

"What can I say, I'm just so cool." Calum boasted while smirking lightly. 

"You are? I don't knoww, I think I'm cooler than you." He placed a finger on the brown eyed boy's chest. 

"Oh sod off, I'm way cooler than you."

It was Luke's turn to smirk, "Prove it."

Calum placed his hands on the blonde's waist and he smashed his lips onto Luke's. Luke's eyes went wide as the smaller man kissed him. He got used to Calum's lips fairly quickly, and he closed his eyes and moaned while kissing him back messily. His hands cupped Calum's cheeks, as their tongues explored each other's mouths. This felt different from their first kiss. His heart was beating out of his chest as he kissed Calum. He could feel Calum's giggly smile against his lips, and this made his cheeks flush red as he kissed him. 

he never wanted to stop.

Calum's arms wrapped themselves tighter around Luke's waist bringing him in closer. The blonde found himself playing with a small curl at Calum's neck, as he moaned hotly in his mouth. He took Calum's red lip in between his teeth, and pulled away, looking into his brown eyes. They both were breathless. "W-we should probably head back. Your mom is probably worried sick." 

"She went to go visit a friend for the weekend. She'll be back tomorrow afternoon." Calum answered quietly staring into Luke's blue eyes. 

"Right." 

Luke coughed, and started to head up the cliff leaving Calum behind. 

 ↠ 

 Rose spat out her burger and her mouth opened wide. "YOU KISSED HIM?" Ashton's face was littered with her chewed up burger pieces and he growled loudly, but she didn't even look at him. "BUT THEN LEFT??"

Luke regretted telling his friends seeing each of their reactions. "Look, I just dropped him off home and then-"

"YOU LEFT HIM!!" She flailed her arms in the burger joint. 

Michael raised an eyebrow at her, and began eating her french fries. With a mouthful he replied, "I mean, it was only a kiss-it obviously didn't mean anything. Oi, when was the last time you saw our mate smitten for anyone?" 

Rose rolled her eyes and snatched her fries back as she muttered, "That's true."

Luke licked his lips, "But I did feel something."

"Down there? Yeah that means you wanted to fuck him. I've felt that a couple of times for dudes, but I ignored it." T chuckled while eating his burger.

Everyone looked at T and he shrugged. 

"N-no, I felt something here." He pointed to his heart while looking at his friends. "Every time I think about him, my heart hurts, and my stomach feels sick."

"Is it bad that I ship this?" Rose looked at everyone with her eyebrows raised.

Ashton glared at her, "Yeah, we don't like Brits remember?"

"Did you know that apparently around the 1700s, British people sent prisoners to Australia, and they make up what is Australia now? You know of course they multiplied but-"

"Oi, should I tell him? You know...how I can't stop thinking of him? And how when we're apart I really really miss him?" Luke interrupted Rose, while everyone kept eating. 

"I think you should. Go for it." Rose answered while patting his shoulder. Michael and T just nodded not giving a full response. He got up from his seat and took his burger with him. 

"He won't be able to do it." Ashton laughed with everyone. 

Michael and T were shaking their heads. "H-he-hey C-C-C-Calum I-I" 

The gang laughed except Rose. She stared at them while crossing her arms. "You're all dicks, Luke likes him. And I think it's adorable."

"Oh whatever." T rolled his eyes continuing to make fun of Luke and his silly crush. Rose knocked T out of his chair and left the burger restaurant. 

↠  

Luke nervously knocked on Calum's front door, and waited for him to answer. He took a step back as Calum joined him outside. "Hey, Luke. I'm sorry about last night. If I would've known you were uncomfortable, I wouldn't have done it." 

"N-no you're fine. Wait-you're not like fine as in good looking, but as in you're okay, with last night and me. N-not that your looks are mediocre, because you're far from that. I-I actually think you're beautiful. B-But not in that way!" Luke fumbled on his words hoping they made sense. 

Calum nervously played with his ear and looked at the ground. "I want to talk about last night, and what I thought about our kiss."

"You do?"

"Yeah." 

"How about we talk about it on a walk to my place?" Luke offered, shoving his hands in his pockets. He received a nod from Calum and they began to walk to his house. 

↠