Chapter Two: 117

"I'd rather not start school

"I'd rather not start school. I mean let's be completely honest here, I still don't fit in and I don't think being around people should be something I do so quickly..." Eden rationed, hoping her half attempt at starting school the following day wouldn't fall upon deaf ears. Her brown eyes meeting Chris Argent's eyes as she pushed around the Chinese food on her plate. "I mean, I'm barely settled in Beacon Hills, you want to throw me to the sharks-"

Chris just chuckled and shook his head as his skilled fingers maneuvered the chopsticks to pick up a piece of chicken between the sticks of wood. "Teenagers aren't that horrible-"

"You raised one and from what you told me, you're surrounded by some teenage wolves and now you've got me. I think you know full on that teenagers are walking sharks" Eden mumbled as she nibbled on a piece of broccoli. Chris just shook his head back and forth slowly. "I'm going to Beacon Hills High, aren't I?"

"Nothin gets past you, does it kiddo?" Chris replied with a smirk as Eden laughed lightly. "You'll fit in, I'm more than sure of it."

How can she fit in? From what Eden had heard, the school was probably crawling with the supernatural that she was trained to kill and hurt, was there any form of human there? Besides that fact, has any of them practically handed their parents over to be killed by a pack of wolves to save their own lives? Highly doubtful. "If I don't, can we discuss home schooling?"

"Finish your food and get your clothes ready for school tomorrow" Argent just spoke softly with a kind smile on his face. The small amount of time he's spent being Eden's guardian was something refreshing and easy to dive into. The first few days were hard to transition into. Chris was still the grieving father who had lost his daughter that had a similar smile to the young woman he decided to take in. Eden was still a small mannered girl thanks to losing her parents so tragically. The days in the Argent/Flores apartment were quiet with whispers of sound from televisions and laptops and muffled footsteps.

For days Eden wouldn't speak more than a sentence every three hours and only spoke when she was spoken to. Chris had to take an extra few seconds to think before he spoke, slipping up and calling Eden by the name Allison twice in one week. People always said death was never an easy thing but they never spoke about the recovery period, the nights both of them spent dreaming about the people they lost and how. After these past few weeks, they found their way around each other, working together through the difficult time. "I don't want to go..." Eden whispered as she pushed her plate with the last remains of her dinner on it. Chris turned around and sighed, taking her plate and scraping the left over food off the plate before placing it in the dish washer.

Argent kneeled down to her eye level, stubble covering his chin more than usual. He took one of her hands in his and the other rested on her knee, a comforting thing he used to do with Allison that he hoped worked with Eden. "I don't know much about being a teenager now, I don't know anything about being a teenage girl-"