Chapter Four: The Benefactor

The helicopter buzzed over head, completely deafening as deputies and the Sheriff surveillance the crime scene

The helicopter buzzed over head, completely deafening as deputies and the Sheriff surveillance the crime scene. Cameras flashing, police radios blaring as the deputies talked among themselves about the scene. It was gruesome, blood everywhere. Sheriff Stilinski used to be in the dark about these things over the past year or so. These cases would be ruled as homicides that would later be cold cases that were unsolved. It caused so much pressure on him, caused him to drink. Now that he had been in the know--albeit, most of what he was now in the know of, he didn't believe or want to know--anything was possible and that terrified him more than when he didn't know anything. Sheriff Stilinski pulled his deputy, Deputy Jordan Parrish to be exact, to the side, away from other officers. "Hey, let's get everyone off the roof and see if you can stall the M.E for five minutes. I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look."

Jordan Parrish just look bewildered a bit, eyes wide. "You have an expert on teenage cannibals?" What did he not know and what should he know that the Sheriff did?

"Five minutes, Parrish." It felt like Sheriff was pulling teeth, he hated leaving Jordan in the dark. He was a young kid, full of life and being in the dark about all of this could only lead to his demise. Is this what it felt like to not know everything, just a bunch of constricting lies around your neck like a noose? As Parrish cleared out the officers from the roof, Sheriff turned around and felt his heart drop when he saw a figure standing there.

His brooding look was to never be mistaken. Dark jacket and jeans that complimented his gray t-shirt. Blue eyes unlike anyone had ever seen, his face covered in a dark stubble that matched his hair. Derek Hale had come to help the Sheriff.

"Uh, I guess you've been there long enough to hear that we need to be quick about this. Scott said he caught himself a wendigo" Sheriff spoke to Derek. Derek's eyes had been scanning the scene. His eyes remained focused on the body on the ground.

"Cannibalistic shape-shifters" Derek replied, defining what a wendigo to Sheriff. "But I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well hidden." Derek's attention went elsewhere, scents filling his nostrils that the average human couldn't smell but he can. Something was off about the story he had heard before. His head turning around, his body shifting from its original direction to a different one. "How many people did Scott say were up here?"

"Just Sean and the axe murder, who apparently has no mouth." Sheriff answered. Derek's eyes canvassed the scene, his eyes jumping in every direction. He knows he can smell it, its right there underneath his nose but he can't find where its coming from. Just as Derek stepped onto the ledge, he found it. Blood. "You wouldn't know anything about that, would you?" Sheriff asked.

Derek's eyes lifted from the ledge, trying to piece together what happened. Blood on the ledge, where did the person go? "There was someone else..." Derek started, his senses kicking into overdrive to sort out everything he should know. "Someone young. And male."