Chapter Eight: Time of Death

"So tell me about Beacon Hills!" Eden chimed over the phone, turning in her bed to look up at the ceiling

"So tell me about Beacon Hills!" Eden chimed over the phone, turning in her bed to look up at the ceiling. "You know, the place you up and left me for. I'm still hurting from that Miss Argent."

Allison's chuckle was always one that made Eden laugh. The two grew up together, although always in different states or cities, they were raised to be friends in the times their families would meet or vacation together. They were alike in many ways, both were to be the leaders of their hunting families, yet they were bubbly young girls who loved life. They wanted to be strong, be tough, be independent and not feel like weak little things in a world where the things that go bump in the night, are real and not just fairy tales. "Well, its a pretty cool place. I met someone."

"Did you?! Tell me about him!" Eden moved in her bed once more, this time onto her stomach, leaning on her elbows to listen carefully. "Is he like super all-American boy and really handsome like Justin Timberlake status?"

Allison laughed once again. "No, nothing like that."

Eden scoffed. "Well then, what's he like Ally?"

Allison stopped and thought about it for a moment. "He's...perfect. He's got this puppy like charm, its so cute and adorable but he's an amazing kisser. He's sweet, he's kind, he looks out for others. He's got these...dark eyes that would probably scared people because they're dark but they're so beautiful on him. He's not the brightest, but he's great."

"Wow, Allison you sound completely in love." Eden laughed and shook her head. There was a quiet on the other end of the line that made Eden's mouth open with a small squeak of a squeal. "No way. Hold on, you love this guy?"

"I didn't say that, Denny."

"Ugh, you called me Denny. But you didn't have to say anything, you NOT saying anything was more than proof enough to show you love him. Not even, to show that you're IN love with him." Eden wasn't an expert on love, she never fell in love and the thought of a young huntress falling in love terrified her to her core. What if she died on a hunting mission? How would that be explained to the man she loved? "How long have you known him?"

"Long enough. You sound like my mother" Allison retorted with a huff.

"I'm not trying to sound like her! Ally!" Eden sighed before rubbing her temple. "Look, I'm not saying all the things your mother has probably said. 'You're too young to know about love', 'he's just a boy, there's plenty others', 'he's not right for you' and blah blah blah. What I am saying is, just be careful with him, okay?" The Latina paused, pulling at the string on her sweatpants. "If you love him, go for it."

Allison sighed, a light chuckle following her sigh. "I know you meant well. I'm not coming down on you. One day you'll fall in love with some all-American boy with amazing blue eyes who looks like Zac Efron to sweep you off your feet and say the right things."