Chapter Five: I.E.D

To say Eden was exhausted, was an understatement

To say Eden was exhausted, was an understatement. Lately she had been in talks with Scott, keeping up to date with things. The lives of those in Beacon Hills was stressful and fast paced. Sipping on her cup of coffee, she stood outside the school entirely too early for her liking as she awaited Scott McCall to meet her out front. This was the second or third time this week so she could be caught up to speed. Eden couldn't say she was a part of his 'pack', because she doesn't do helping werewolves and becoming part of a 'pack' meant she was with them and completely abandoning her old code. Eden was just helping Scott.

"Out of bed before my first bell? You owe me big time. I take offers in the form of food, buy me a brownie and I just might forgive you for this..." Eden joked with a smile the second her eyes met Scott's. Purple and gray striped sweater with a gray tank underneath, gray skinny jeans and black flat boots, Eden laughed and took a sip of her coffee. "I got your text last night, I spent a good portion of the night digging up and kind if information about the Mute as well as any histories about Benefactors. Not much on the Mute, only articles from Beacon Hills' newspapers and video reports from the news. As for Benefactors, they mostly have a positive reputation--"

Scott scoffed and grabbed Eden's coffee cup. "Yeah, except this one who's handing out money to murder the supernatural." The young werewolf took a sip of Eden's coffee before making a face at the taste if caffeine. "That stuff is rank."

"Next time, I'm lacing my drinks with wolfsbane so you don't drink it" she joked with a wink to signal she wasn't being serious. The two turned and headed toward the school, kids beginning to pile in. "You did explain to Kira nothing is going on with us, right? I'd hate to engage in a fight with her because you didn't tell her we're friends and I'm helping out with this whole 'people are dying and dead people in Beacon Hills although may be common, should be stopped and a Benefactor is horrible' thing."

"You talk a lot, Eden." Scott replied with a laugh, adjusting his book bag on his shoulders.

Eden shrugged and looked at the coffee cup in her hand. "Blame the caffeine." Scott and Eden headed over to her locker, the Latina throwing out her coffee cup in the process. "How has everything been with Liam lately?"

Scott scratched his head, tilting it a bit to the side as he thought of what to say. "Different. I still have no idea what I'm doing. I barely have an idea on what to do as an alpha and as a son half the time. I don't know if I can handle a Beta."

"You were once a Beta. You learned on your own, right?" Eden asked as she fished for her Economics book. "The things you've learned, you can teach him except now he'll have you to help him. Stop feeling reserved. Liam needs a teacher and even more so, a brother of some sort. Be that guy." The bell rang overhead and the Latina sighed. "We've got Coach. Highlight of my day..." The sarcasm dripped from her words as Scott and Eden walked to class together, Stiles already in his seat.

Stiles' eyes scanned the papers and pictures. He needed to figure this out, help his dad solve this all since he was still adjusting to all of this supernatural stuff. He needed to help out and keep it all together. Where the hell was Scott to help with this? Right on cue, Scott walked into class, Eden laughing and in tow. Stiles grit his teeth, sighing a bit annoyed and he didn't understand why. His whiskey colored eyes trained on the female, watching her move and laugh with Scott before his eyes drifted to Scott. He had seen these two together lately, Stiles couldn't understand why. Eden took her seat behind Scott, leaning out of her seat and closer to Stiles' seat to her left.