Chapter Seven: Weaponized

"Who has a cassette player?" the young huntress asked, her voice low as her mouth was covered by the sleeve of her sweatshirt

"Who has a cassette player?" the young huntress asked, her voice low as her mouth was covered by the sleeve of her sweatshirt. There was a pause, seemingly where everyone in the room began to think of a way to play the cassette before Scott stood from his spot and grabbed an old black boom box. "Well, that's old as shit."

"Does it still work?" Stiles inquired as Scott plugged the small boom box into an extention cord. The human boy placed the cassette into the tape deck of the black radio and hit play. Static was heard for a few moments. "Maybe it doesn't."

Then a distorted voice was heard through the speakers.

After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer. You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember, visual confirmation is always required for payment.

Stiles hit 'STOP' on the cassette and sighed. "You ever made a wire transfer?"

"Never had enough money" Scott replied, still in some state of shock over the amount of money in front of him.

"So you didn't understand a word of that either?" Stiles asked, Eden nudged his shoulder to stop him from making fun of Scott for not understanding anything that was said on the cassette tape.

Scott shook his head. "I don't understand any of this. Why would someone use all this money, just to kill us?"

"Someone wants you dead, dude. Badly." Stiles retorted.

Eden sighed. "You suck at this comforting people and trying to make things not as bad as they seem thing, Stilinski."

Scott shook his head from side to side, although he already knew that he was the most wanted supernatural with the highest amount for his death at twenty-five million dollars. Scott snapped back to reality and started picking up the stacks of money, throwing it back into the bag. Both Stiles and Eden moved, shaking their heads.

"Whoa, whoa what are you doing?" Stiles asked his best friend.

"Its late. We have the PSATs in the morning." Scott reminded his friends, Eden groaned.

Stiles shook his head and pointed at the bag. "No, I meant the money. Five hundred thousand dollars. You know how much money that is?"

Scott squinted his eyes. "Its five hundred thousand dollars."

"Its half a million dollars, Scott. What are you going to do with it, just slide it under your mattress?" Stiles rationed.

The Latina scrunched her nose. "I hate to admit it, but he's got a point Scott. You can't leave that money just lying around under your mattress..." she started before leaning down lower, ignoring the pain in her ribs to speak in a more hushed tone. "What if your mom finds it, how do you explain five hundred thousand dollars in a gym bag under your bed?"