Chapter Six: Orphaned

Eden hadn't gotten much time to breathe

Eden hadn't gotten much time to breathe. After calling the Sheriff and trying to call Chris—which only left her with an even bigger headache. Why wasn't he answering her calls? Was whatever business he had to handle more important than picking up her calls? Was he okay? Was he safe? The questions ran rampant through her mind before the brunette felt a warm hand grab at her hand and pull her away. "What the—"

"We've got to get Brett out of here. I know a place. We have to see if we can save him." Stiles' eyes of ever changing honey and whiskey brown bore deep into hers of a constant brown. Eden took the small moment in time to notice the flecks of gold that danced in this irises. "I need you with me and Derek."

Eden blinked slow, furrowing her brows. "Derek Hale?" she asked. This time, Stiles furrowed his brows. How did she know about Derek? "I've heard about him from Chris when he was giving me a crash course on the town and the people in it" Eden informed with a small smirk on her face.

This time, Stiles stood upright. "Well what did Argent say about me?"

"Before Nogitsune, during Nogitsune or after?" the young huntress asked, tilting her head. The tone in her voice made Stiles intrigued. What did Chris say about him? Eden began to walk toward Brett's body when she heard Stiles stammer behind her.

"But what did he say, Eden?" Stiles pryed.

The young Latina huffed in a bit of frustration. "We don't have time, remember? Let's get Brett out of here."

Eden and Stiles struggled to get the heavy weight of Brett to the jeep, keeping him up by propping him onto their shoulders before laying him in the backseat. The jeep looked as if it had seen better days, the light blue paint job seemed a bit battered in certain areas, the vehicle possibly too small for Stiles and his long legs. Eden attempted to go into the back seat next to Brett, making sure he was still breathing and fine before hands grabbed her waist. Stiles was pushing her in the direction of the front seat, opening the passenger door and helping the shorter girl into the seat before closing the door and jogging around to the front.

The young huntress shook her head. "What was that for? I was going to make sure he was okay—"

"So he could rip your throat out when he wakes up and we don't know what exactly Garrett nicked him with on his blade that might make him want to kill the first thing he sees?" Stilinski rationed. Eden sighed and folded her arms; okay so maybe Stiles was right about all of that but she could protect herself. Sure she was retired from the hunting world, but she could still keep herself protected. "Thank you for seeing my way."

Eden just rolled her eyes and watched out the windshield. "I can protect myself..." she mumbled as the car began to move. There was a small yet awkward silence lingering between the two, the faint sounds of Brett's slow and shallow breathing heard over the light rumble of the engine. The Latina's eyes would slide to the rear view mirror or she'd simply turn around in her seat to make sure he was still moving. "Do you think he'll be okay?"