5 - Realization

Katherine smiled as she opened the door to her and Jordan's shared room. Jordan was already sitting in bed, and he glanced up at the door, smiling back at Katherine when he saw it was her. Beckoning her over, Jordan patted the space beside himself. She just chuckled and shook her head at Jordan's antics, before changing into something a little more comfortable to sleep in. Crawling in next to Jordan, she let him wrap and arm around her waist, letting out a soft laugh when Jordan pressed a kiss on the top of her head. They sat in silence for a few moments, enjoying each other's company, before Katherine decided that she might as well tell Jordan what she was feeling. After mulling over her feelings that afternoon, Katherine had come to a conclusion; that she liked Tom, leaning towards the way she liked Jordan. It was more of a hopeless crush than anything else, and plus, she hadn't known him for more than a week, so that added to her worry. She wanted to be honest with Jordan, and being honest meant opening up about her feelings.

"Jordan?" She asked, looking up at him. He hummed, glancing at her. "Can we talk about something? It's important. To me, at least." Jordan nodded, a slightly concerned look on his face.

"Of course we can, Kathy." Jordan replied, shifting a little so that they were facing each other. "Go ahead." Katherine nodded nervously and felt her stomach churn with worry. What if Jordan hated her?

"Okay so, I've been having these... feelings when I'm around Tom. I think they're more of the romantic kind than... the platonic kind." Katherine paused, looking up at Jordan to gauge his reaction. His face was mostly neutral, but the way he was biting his lip, and how his eyes were squinting a little, told Katherine that he was thinking over what she was saying. She continued. "I just... At the start of our relationship, we said that we were gonna be open about our feelings, and, well... I just wanted you to know." Katherine swallowed, not looking at Jordan. Jordan mulled over what Katherine had said. She liked Tom? That was, at least, what he had gotten from what she had said. Jordan knew that deep, deep inside of him, he also had a growing fondness for Tom, that had sprouted when they had first met and became so much more over the past few days.

"So... you like Tom." He replied after a few moments. Did she still hold feelings for him, just like he did? Did she also find herself torn between two people, one of which he loved fiercely and the other which he was just beginning to love? Katherine frowned a little at Jordan's reply.

"Not just him. You too, Jordan. I still love you, I just... Have these new feelings for Tom as well, and I don't... I don't know if I should peruse them." She said, her voice dropping to a whisper near the end. Jordan nodded. So, she did have the same feelings as he did. He smiled a little.

"I... guess I should also talk about my feelings towards Tom. When I first met him, I realized that... I don't know... That I liked him? I just wasn't able to put into words how I felt about him, mostly cause I'm still in love with you and I didn't want to mess that up but... Hearing you say that you also have feelings for him and for me it... it made me happy cause you were able to say what I couldn't." Jordan reached out, taking Katherine's hands into his, a smile still on his face. "I love you Kath, and nothing's going to change that, even if we both have feelings for the same man." Katherine sniffled a little.

"I though you would be angry with me because I have feelings for him." She whispered, shuffling closer to Jordan. "But... you also have the same feelings, so that means that..." Katherine trailed off, looking to Jordan for an answer. Jordan leaned in and kissed her on the forehead gently.

"It means that we could be in a relationship with Tom, and with each other, and that it could work out that way if Tom has the same feelings." Katherine smiled a little and moved even closer to Jordan, close enough that she could lay her head on his chest comfortably.