The Chamber of Secrets

Y/n's POV

I don't know what happened next. I remember writing for a bit in the diary, talking to the mysterious Tom Riddle. After that, I had faint memories of opening a secret doorway in one of the girl's bathrooms, but it wasn't me who was doing it. It was like I was being controlled and forced to do it. When I opened my eyes, I was kneeling on a cold cement floor. Statues of serpents lined the walkway in front of me, and a few feet where I was kneeling was Ginny Weasley. Her skin looked deathly pale, and she was unconscious. I tried to stand up to help her, but I couldn't. I was stuck in a kneeling position on the floor. At that moment, Harry appeared, and knelt down next to me.

"Y/n! Are you okay? How'd you get down here?" Harry asked.

"I d-don't know," I stammer. "One minute I was in the girls' dormitory, and the next I was here. I can't seem to move, but I'm okay. Help Ginny." Harry got up and dropped down next to Ginny, shaking her gently. However, she still hadn't awaken.

"Ginny!" Harry whispered. "Ginny wake up! Oh, please don't be dead."

"She's not dead," a voice announced from behind me. I couldn't turn to look at who had spoken, but I didn't need to. Somehow I just knew that it was Tom Riddle. Seconds later, he walked into my field of vision, and I saw that he was a handsome boy who looked just a few years older than me. It was weird, though, because I couldn't see him clearly. He was sort of blurry.

"Harry," I warn, trying to get my friend to take caution. And then, suddenly, for a few moments, I couldn't hear anymore. It was like someone had stuffed cotton in my ears.

"I'll show you just how persuasive I can be, Harry," Tom spoke and picked up Harry's wand from where it had fallen to the floor. Tom then turned to face me, and he smiled. "My dear Y/n. You were never supposed to be apart of this mess. Ginny tried to get rid of the diary, so she placed it with you in the hopes that you could somehow destroy it. But of course, you were only intrigued, so instead you decided to write in it, a mistake that would prove fatal. All it took was for us to exchange a few sentences before I could convince you to come down here. I had you in a trance so easily. Earlier I thought that I would need to take part of your soul to get me to be stronger. To be alive. But I was wrong. You have no real use to me now, so lets show our dear friend Mr. Potter what I can really do." Tom waved Harry's wand, and a knife appeared in my hand. "Imperio." In seconds, I couldn't control myself, and I had placed the knife directly over the underside of my forearm.

"Please," I beg. "You don't have to do this."

Tom smiled at me, sending shivers down my spine. "Oh Y/n. Of course I do." Tom didn't even need to wave the wand again to make me continue. My body just did it on it's own. My hand brought the knife down, cutting into my skin easily. A whimper made it's way out of my mouth, the pain soon becoming almost too unbearable. After a few seconds, I realized that I was carving some sort of design, but I couldn't figure out what it was because of all the blood. That's when the Basilisk rolled past me and started chasing Harry away, leaving me and Tom all alone. Blood dripped off of my arm steadily, forming a large puddle on the floor. I tried to hold back the tears, but because of all the pain I was in, I couldn't. "There's no need to cry. It'll all be over soon." His statement just made me cry even more. Was I going to die down here?

After a few more moments of carving, I had control over myself again, so I dropped the knife to the floor. I managed to wipe some of the blood off of my arm, and that's when I saw the symbol that I had carved. My body instinctively flinched at the sight of it, and I had to look away. Tom Riddle made me carve the dark mark into my flesh. My vision then began to blur from the blood loss, and my head started pounding. The last thing I saw before blacking out was Harry kneeling down in front of me.

Waking up in the hospital wing was not fun. And even though this was the first time it had happened, I never wanted to experience it again. I discovered that my arm was bandaged heavily where I had carved the Dark Mark into my skin. It took me a few moments to realize that there was a boy sitting next to me bed.

"Miles? What are you doing here?" I quiz.

"Everyone kind of heard what happened. We just wanted to make sure you were okay," Miles explained. That's when I broke down, tears falling from my eyes as I told him what Tom Riddle had done. How he had put me in a trance and mad me carve the mark on my arm. When I finished telling my stories, Miles pulled me in for a hug. "Everything's gonna be okay. Lets just get you home."

While I left Hogwarts on a bad note, that didn't mean next year couldn't be better. And hopefully it would be.