The Final Battle

Y/n's POV

When the sun had risen, and the sky had turned a light blue, fog everywhere in the air, everyone on our side who was still alive and ready to fight gathered in the main courtyard. The death eaters crossed the bridge separating Hogwarts from the other part of land, and something in my stomach didn't feel right. Why were they coming over here? And why did they all look like they had just received the best news of their lives? In Hagrid's arms was a limp body, except I couldn't make out who it was. I had my suspicions, but I prayed that they weren't true.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort announced loudly. "From this day forth, you'll put your faith in me." Voldemort then turned towards his followers. "Harry Potter is dead!" The death eaters all laughed, and all I wanted to do was punch every single one of them in the face. "And now it's the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us or die." No one stepped forward from my side, but two people stepped out from Voldemort's; my parents.

"Y/n Fawley, get over here," my dad ordered. I pushed through the crowd so that I was at the front of the crowd, crossing my arms over my chest.

"No," I say. 

"Did you just tell your father no?" my mother asked. 

"Yes. And I'll continue telling him no. You guys ruined my life when you forced me to get this," I share and reveal the dark mark on my arm. "My place is on this side, and there is nothing you can do to convince me to join you." 

"Maybe we can't, but someone can," my father spoke and nodded to Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy, who had also come to the front of Voldemort's Army.

"Draco!" Lucius called out. 

"Draco, come," Narcissa summoned. Draco stepped out from the crowd, taking a few hesitant steps towards his parents.

"Draco wait," I interject and run over, grabbing ahold of his arm. Draco stopped in his tracks and turned to face me, giving me the opportunity to look him straight in the eyes. "Draco, I know in your heart that you don't want to go over there. Please stay."

"Y/n, they're my parents," Draco reasoned. 

"I know. But you can't go over there," I insist. "That's not what you want, and I know that if you go over there, then your future is going to be miserable. If you could just give me a minute to explain then-" 

"Draco," Lucius requested for the second time. Draco looked towards his father and took another step towards the Death Eaters, but I gripped his arm tighter. 

"Draco, please. Look, I know how much they mean to you, and we can find them after this all goes down and talk, but for now I need you to stay over here. Think about how you'll ruin your life by doing this. Think about how you'll ruin me," I murmur with tears brimming my eyes. 

"Okay," Draco said.

"Okay?" I question. 

"I'll stay," Draco confirmed. I smiled and pressed my lips to his, and as I did, I apparated us to a different part of the castle where we would be away from the death eaters for a moment. There was mumbling around the castle that Harry was alive as the final battle raged on. While that was happening, Draco and I sought out his parents, who were leaving the scene, desperate to get away from Voldemort and his followers. When we found them, we talked things out, giving Draco a chance to make some amends. I was happy for him, but it only made me want to do the same with mine. And that all seemed possible when my father appeared.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I implore.

"Looking for you," my dad responded. "I couldn't leave things in shambles between us without giving you an explanation. I never wanted my children to get involved in any of this. Your mother promised that she didn't take part in what her family did, so believe me, I was surprised when she came home one night with a dark mark. I didn't want to be apart of that life, but my family was threatened, so I had no choice, just like you and your brother didn't. But I'm done with this. And I'm done with her. All I want is to go back to being the dad who taught his kids Quidditch and baked three layered cakes for no reason. If you'll allow me, that is."