Worst Teacher Ever

Y/n's POV

My first class of my second year was Herbology. So, right after I ate a quick breakfast, I headed to the greenhouse with the rest of my classmates. While I didn't hate Herbology, it didn't fascinate me as much as some other subjects. I was more into Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts rather than Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures. Nonetheless, I needed to take the class, so here I was.

"Wow. Earmuffs. So stylish," I joke as I put my pair on over my ears.

"You pull it off quite well," Harry teased as he put on his own pair, Hermione and Ron following shortly after. Once everyone was settled, Professor Sprout talked shortly about our lesson, and then she pulled a mandrake out from a pot, placing it on the table. The mandrake let out a loud shriek, hence the earmuffs, and everyone seemed fine except for Neville, who fainted. After a few more classes, it was time to go to Defense Against the Dark Arts. We weren't allowed to take the class as first years, so I was super excited. Well, I would normally have been excited, but this year I wasn't. And it was because we had the worst teacher imaginable. Gilderoy Lockhart.

"I would rather have Quirrell," I confess to Harry and Ron as I took my seat next to Hermione. "And he had You-Know-Who living in the back of his head. What does Lockhart know about Defense Against the Dark Arts? There's no way he's done everything he's written about in his books. I bet he's a fake."

"Ah. Ms. Fawley," Professor Lockhart greeted and appeared in front of my desk. "I've heard about your skills in this class. Hopefully I can teach you a thing or two you don't know."

I scoffed quietly. "As if." And things just went downhill from there. The first thing I ever got to do in a Defense Against the Dark Arts class was take a quiz that was all about Lockhart. There were things like what is his favorite color and when is his birthday. They were things you would know if you read his books, which I didn't. They were complete rubbish and I wasn't going to waste my time with them.

"Now," Lockhart began and walked to the front of the classroom where there was a cage covered by a blanket. "I don't want you all to scream. It might provoke them." Part of me was intrigued, and I leaned forward as Lockhart pulled the cape off of the cage revealing cornish pixies.

Seamus laughed. "Really? Cornish pixies?"

"They're freshly caught," Lockhart reasoned.

"See. This is exactly what I was talking about," I whisper to my three friends. "Lockhart has no idea what he's doing."

"Since you are all laughing, I'll see what you make of them," Lockhart declared and released the pixies from their cage. As soon as they were set free, the pixies started a whole wave of chaos and mischief. Papers on every table got teared, ink bottles were being spilled, students were getting hit by the pixies themselves.....everything was a mess. Students were screaming and running everywhere, not sure of what to do. And Lockhart was nowhere to be found. That's when I turned around, only to get something thrown in my face. I spluttered, clearing the sticky substance from my mouth, then wiped the liquid off of my eyes. Once I could see again, I saw that what had been thrown at me was ink.

"You might want to clean that up," Malfoy spoke from where he stood feet away from me.

"Yeah? I think you may need to as well," I retort and stomp over to Draco, wiping some of the ink off of my face before smearing it all over his.

"Are you serious?" Malfoy asked.

"Very," I reply.

"I'm gonna get you for that Fawley," Malfoy claimed and grabbed an ink bottle from the table next to him. He then threw its contents at me, and I managed to dodge all of the black goop. In retaliation, I hurled a bottle at  Draco, which shattered against his white shirt staining it black. From there on out, a full ink war began between the two of us. At that moment, all of the objects in mid air froze, including the pixies, stopping all of the chaos from ensuing even further.