Yule Ball

Y/n's POV

It was finally the night of the Yule Ball, and Hermione and I were getting ready together. She put on her dress first, which was a beautiful pink color with layers of ruffles.

"What do you think?" Hermione asked and twirled around.

"I think you looks beautiful. Viktor is going to love it," I tell her. While Hermione hadn't told Ron and Harry who she was going to the ball with, I was with her when Viktor asked, which is why I knew.

"Tell me who you're going with," Hermione begged as I was putting on my dress.

"Nope. You'll have to wait just like Harry and Ron. Sorry, Mione. Now, how do I look?" I quiz and step out to reveal the dress I had picked out.

 Now, how do I look?" I quiz and step out to reveal the dress I had picked out

"You look amazing. Your date, whoever he is, is one lucky guy. He's gonna be blown away," Hermione shared. After touching ourselves up, the two of us headed out of the common room and towards the great hall. "What do you think? Should we do this together?"

"Yeah," I agree. "That sounds good. That way if we embarrass ourselves, the other will look stupid too."

"That won't happen," Hermione assured me. "We're going to look beautiful and graceful. Lets do this thing." We both took a deep breath, and then descended down the steps leading up to the Great Hall side by side. Boys that were waiting for their dates gawked at us as we walked past them. I even saw Harry and Ron staring at us. When I got to the bottom of the steps, Draco was already waiting for me.

"You look beautiful," Draco commented.

"Thanks. And you clean up very well," I return.

Draco offered me his arm. "Shall we?"

"We shall," I concur and link my arm with his.

Ron's POV

I watched as Hermione and Y/n walked down the stairs together. Both of them looked amazing. But I was more focused on who the two of them were going to the ball with. Hermione and Y/n had refused to tell Harry and I, so this was the reveal. To say I was surprised when Hermione was taken away by Viktor Krum, a world famous Quidditch player, was an understatement. But what surprised me even more was who Y/n walked over to.

"Harry," I mutter and nudge my best friend. "Are you seeing this?"

"I can't believe it," Harry spoke. "Y/n is going to the Yule Ball with Draco Malfoy."

Y/n's POV

Draco and I watched as the champions started off the first dance. They all looked so graceful out there. Well, Harry could have used a bit more work, but I think he was just a little nervous. I would be too. As soon as other couples started dancing, Draco held out his hand.

"Can I have this dance?" Draco questioned.

"Of course," I reply and take his hand.

On the dance floor, we took up the same position we had during our dance lesson with McGonagall, and the two of us danced along with the upbeat music. I hadn't realized it until now, but dancing with Draco was one of the most amazing feelings in the world. It got even better when a slow song came on. A lot of pairs left the dance floor, obviously not wanting to dance intimately with their partners, but I didn't care. I would stay here all day with Draco if I could. Draco brought me closer, and I laid my head on his shoulder as the two of us swayed slowly to the beat. The two of us danced to a few slow songs together before we decided to make our way off of the dance floor.

"I'll get us something to drink," Draco offered. "I'll be right back." As Draco walked off, I spotted Harry and Ron sitting around, gloomy faced, their dates gone.

"Hey guys," I greet. "How are you doing? You enjoying yourselves?"

"Great," Harry answered sarcastically. "How are you and Malfoy?"

I sighed? "You guys are upset, aren't you?"

"Malfoy has been nothing but mean to us since our first year," Ron exclaimed. "How can you even talk to him?"

"Actually, Draco's only been a jerk to me since second year," I correct Ron. "And he's done a bunch of stuff since then to prove to me that he's not the way everyone thinks he is. He stood up for me when I told Hagrid I didn't want to ride Buckbeak. We had butterbeer together one night in Hogsmeade where he paid for the drinks even though I insisted I could pay for my own. He came to make sure I was okay after I broke my arm last year. He danced with me when I was late to dancing practice with the Gryffindors and had to do it with the Slytherins. He noticed that I haven't eaten lunch recently because I've been too busy helping you guys out with your assignments, so he set out a picnic for me a few weeks ago. Besides all of that, he makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world. And just because you guys don't like him doesn't mean that I have to hate him too."

With that, I turned around and stomped off to find Draco. I wasn't going to have my night ruined by Harry and Ron. I was going to make the most of it. When I found Draco, he had just gotten our punch. The two of us took a seat and drank the punch together for a few minutes while we talked quietly.

"I have to show you something," Draco said. "Follow me." Draco led me outside, and we snuck off to a courtyard that I didn't even know existed. Snow was falling in small flakes from the sky, the moon was shining brightly, and everything looked breath taking.

"Wow," I breathe out. "It's beautiful."

"I discovered this place last year. Most people don't know about it," Draco disclosed.

"So why'd you share it with me?" I implore.

Draco smiled. "Because you're special to me, Y/n. Out of my 3 full years at Hogwarts so far, no one has stood out to me as much as you have."

"Yeah? What makes me different from all of the other girls you hang out with?" I ask him.

"Well, for one, I don't want to do this to them," Draco claimed and then tilted his head down to press his lips to mine. For a second, I was shocked, but I soon melted into the kiss. My arms wrapped themselves around Draco's neck, and he wrapped his arms around my waist to pull me closer. We were soon chest to chest, barely any space left between our bodies. After a few seconds, I pulled away out of breath, but still wanting more. "I've been wanting to do that forever."

"I have too," I confess. And then we kissed again.