Caught

Y/n's POV

Since last week, after we had created our newest DADA club, another proclamation had been put up.

-All student clubs henceforth are disbanded and any student in compliance will be expelled

We weren't gonna let Umbridge stop us though, so we decided to keep the idea of the club running, and Neville found the perfect place; the Room of Requirement. It was a mysterious room in the castle that appeared before any person when they were in need. So for us, the room turned into a large area that was big enough for us to all practice spells in. The first day we started off simple. All of us stood in a line in front of a dummy with a fake wand, and all we had to do was get the wand out of it's hand.

"Expelliarmus!" I shout and flick my wand, causing the dummy's wand to fly out of it's hand and skid across the room. The next day we were practicing the spell stupefy, and we were doing it in pairs. Hermione went against Ron and got him before he could even mutter a thing.

"All right, next we'll have Dean and Y/n have a go," Harry announced.

"To give you an advantage, I'll start off facing backwards," I tell Dean.

"You're that confident in yourself?" Dean asked.

I nodded. "I like to think I'm pretty good with defensive spells."

"Well, when I beat you, butterbeers are on you," Dean spoke as the two of us took our positions, with me turning around to face the opposite direction. Once we got ready, and I heard Dean start to mutter the spell, I whipped around to face him.

"Stupefy!" I yell. My spell hit Dean square in the chest, and he flew backwards, landing on the hard ground. "Tomorrow night, butterbeers on you." I extended my hand towards Dean, and he accepted it, allowing me to pull him up.

"Okay then. Tomorrow night," Dean confirmed. "Remind me to never underestimate you."

After a few more meetings, more proclamations were posted. The whole wall where they were all hanging was practically full. I mean, how many proclamations could one woman make?

-All students will submit to questioning about suspected illicit activities.

-All students wishing to join the Inquisitorial Squad for extra credit may sign up in the High Inquisitor's office.

"Draco, don't do this," I plead. "You don't need extra credit. You really don't have to sign up for this."

"Think of it as me doing good for the school," Draco claimed. "You always told me that you wanted me to be a better person. I'm doing this for you. Plus, it'll give me a chance to keep an eye on Umbridge. You know, make sure she's not gunning for you."

I sighed. "Fine. Just take it easy on the first years, okay? And don't be an ass to my friends."

"Okay. I promise," Draco pledged. Then, without warning, he pushed me against the nearest wall and smashed his lips to mine. It was good for a few seconds, but I soon remembered we were in the same hallway as Umbridge's office, so I pulled away from him quickly.

"Draco, we can't. Umbridge is sitting in there at this moment. She probably has eyes and ears everywhere. She might be able to see us," I put forth

"And?" Draco questioned. "That's what makes this fun. Come on. Don't tell me you haven't ever wanted to make out with someone with the risk of being caught."

"Um, no. I have never thought that, but only because I thought I would be dating the kid that only cared for his studies," I point out.

"Oh yeah. Then what am I?" Draco quizzed.

"The boy that I didn't think my parents would ever let me date," I answer. Draco laughed before leaning down and kissing me again. The hard wall pressed uncomfortably into my back, but I didn't care. All I cared about was that I was spending time with Draco. Soon though, I had to get back to doing my assignments. "As much as I love doing this, I have some things to finish up for tomorrow, so I've got to get back to the common room. I'll see you later."

"Bye Y/n," Draco waved as I walked back down the hallway.

The secret meetings stopped over the winter holiday because most people were heading home. However, this year I decided to stay at Hogwarts. My parents were going to be busy with work anyways, and this would be me and Draco's first Christmas together as a couple, so I was excited to spend time with him.

"We told each other no gifts," I exclaim as Draco held out a present towards me.

"I had to get my girlfriend something. Don't worry. It's not anything extraordinary," Draco assured me. I unwrapped the gift to reveal a picture frame, inside of which was a moving picture of Draco and I. It started off with Draco twirling me around, but then lead to us kissing.

"You are the best boyfriend ever," I confess and give him a hug tight.

"Only the best for the greatest girlfriend ever," Draco murmured and kissed me. I felt kind of bad that I was lying to Draco about being in Harry's secret club, but he couldn't find out. No one outside of the club could know. When the holiday was over, the meetings started back up, and we started off with something I didn't think Harry would be teaching. The Patronus Charm. I concentrated on a happy memory, which was Draco and I sharing our first kiss, and then I muttered the words to the spell. Blue wisps shot from the tip of my wand and took the form of a cat, which jumped around the room, even pouncing on George's head. However, that's when the whole room shook, and the lights flickered. The chandeliers collided making a slight tinkle, and dust rained down from the ceiling. Then, a whole mirror cracked and shattered to the floor. Behind it, there was a tiny whole, and behind that was Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad. Suddenly, the wall exploded, giving me a better look at them, and the one person I hoped wasn't there was. Draco.

"Grab them," Umbridge ordered. Everyone entered the room and took ahold of us all, and of course, I was escorted out by Draco. He pulled me to the side as everyone followed Umbridge away from the room.

"How could you, Y/n?" Draco implored. "I thought that Potter would do something like this, and maybe Weasley and Granger as well, but what I didn't think was that my girlfriend would go behind my back and join a club that was against the rules. I put my faith in you. I trusted you!"

"I had to, Draco," I declare. "Umbridge was teaching us nothing. What if I need to defend myself but I don't know any spells? What do you expect me to do? Plead for my life? Just stand there and take whatever spell's coming at me?"

"I don't know why you would need to protect yourself. Nothing is out there. No one is going to hurt you," Draco professed.

"Then how did Cedric die?" I retort as the tears started falling from my eyes. "Harry didn't lie, Draco. My friend was killed by You-Know-Who, meaning he's back along with his Death Eaters. Why can't you just except that?"

"I won't tell you what to believe, but I will tell you this. We're through," Draco muttered.