You Shouldn't Have Done That (WattFest)

The giant robot continued on its destructive path through the camp as I grabbed the Fifth Dimensional imp by the shirt collar. I really didn't like the guy. The first time I met him he sent me to the 5th Dimension and erased all knowledge of my existence. He then went on to force Dad into a near endless gambit of traps and tricks. We were finally able to beat him by me getting the souls of my parents to merge with the Lois and Clark from another reality. And he did all this to get back at Dad for not rescuing him from Mr. Oz (who happened to be my grandfather on my dad's side—the Kryptonian side).

"You shouldn't have done that," I said.  Wait a minute. I turned to Robin. He seemed to be as shocked as me. We could speak again! I tried to demand Mxyzptlk to get rid of the robot...but all that came out was, "Don't you dare." It didn't take us long to figure out that we could only say "You shouldn't have done that," and "Don't you dare." Yeah, OK, Robin figured it out—but don't tell him I admitted to that.

Mxyzptlk stuck his tongue out at us and laughed, "Don't you dare."

So back to square one: how to get him to say his name backwards if he can't say it forwards.

Robin pointed towards the robot and scrunched up his face. "You shouldn't have done that."

I glanced towards the robot and sighed; my arms drooped to my side. "Don't you dare."

Robin tapped his toe impatiently. "Don't you dare." He pointed at the machine again; this time forcefully.

I grumbled a, "You shouldn't have done that," as I stomped my way towards the robot.

Robin turned towards Mxyzptlk with a wily and wicked grin; he smacked his fist into his hand. Mxyzptlk gulped. "Don't you dare," he said nervously.

After a few more ticked-off steps, I took to the air. Soon, I'd caught up to the robot. I rubbed my chin in thought. "Don't you dare." It then came to me. The reactor. A quick scan with x-ray vision revealed the reactor's location. I shot towards the robot. Inches before colliding with it, I had the sudden doubt that I might not be fast enough or strong enough to break through the robot's hull.

Luckily, my doubts were unfounded as I, with an amazing bam, found myself in the innards of the machine. And a second after that, I was outside with the reactor. I whooped out a victorious "Don't you daaaare!!" as the robot powered down. Robin soon came running (Mxyzptlk nowhere to be seen), but he looked upset. He kept pointing at the reactor. That's when I realized it was getting hot.

I gulped.

BOOOOM!!

I crashed with a face-plant right in front of Robin. He gave me a cocky smirk. "You shouldn't have done that." And he meant it that time.

_______
Words: 500
Entry for Single Dialogue challenge for WattFest
https://my.w.tt/UiNb/KhDb2cD9XN