Arc 1.3

***

Miyuki had laid out a bunch of things for the system to do. First of all, he needed someone who could protect him from his stepbrother's lackeys at school.

He may have been a boxer in his past life, but that was in the past. The Miyuki now was someone with a weak body. Not that he couldn't fight, he could, but he knew that he didn't have the strength to take down all the lackeys that surrounded his brother.

Secondly, he needed to find a safe place for his grandparents. Now that Miyuki had openly rebelled against his stepmother, he knew that her first target would not be him, but his grandparents.

She obviously wouldn't hurt him before he turned 18 but she would not fail to use his grandparents to control him. The best course of action right now would be to hide his grandparents in a place where she won't be able to reach them.

After thinking it over carefully, Miyuki made the system look for a place for his grandparents where they could hide from his evil stepmother.

3rd, he needed to deal with his stepmother and stepbrother personally. It was time to let them realize that the pet they thought were under their control had gone rouge. He wanted them to know that he was no longer their puppet. Therefore, he ordered the system to monitor them both closely.

~~~

Miyuki was enjoying the taste of the sweet watermelon in his hand. It had been 3 days already since he came to his grandparents place. When he swtiched on his cellphone, he had expected to receive a call or a text from his stepbrother or stepmother, not out of love or worry but because he thought they must've been wondering where he went. But to his surprise, neither of them had called nor texted him.

Oh well, it didn't matter. Miyuki knew that sooner or later, they would come for him. While he was out on the porch enjoying the fruit, his grandparents were inside the house, doing whatever old people do in their spare time.

Miyuki's body still wasn't fully healed but he felt much better. Normally for Miyuki, such wounds wouldn't take so much time to heal. But this body was weak so it might take a week or so. Fortunately for him, nothing was broken or else it might've taken even longer to heal.

Miyuki had taken the School nurse's advice and paid the doctor a visit. It was thanks to that that he was recovering nice and quick.

Meanwhile, on Miyuki's advice, the system had put out an ad everywhere on the internet looking for competent bodyguards. The ad didn't say much, just that it was looking for people aged 17-18 yrs with some martial arts/fighting experience to pose as bodyguards.

Miyuki made the salary high so as to attract more attention. The description only said that the said bodyguards had to come when called and spend some time with a kid. It even gave concession to school going kids that they could do the job after their school was over. It sounded like a really easy going.

Miyuki choose 17-18 yrs because he wanted someone around his age as he didn't want to stand out too much by hiring real bodyguards. Also, these 'fake' bodyguards could pose as his friends thus dispelling the idea about him being a loner without any friends.

Just as he had expected, there were a lot of candidates. Even the lackeys who used to bully Jamie had applied. Miyuki laughed when he saw their application and quickly rejected them all.

After screening through a lot of candidates, Miyuki selected a few people. After some back and forth interviews over the internet, he finally settled on 2 members.

Before selecting them, Miyuki had ordered the system to carefully look at all their past and present information. The only quality Miyuki wanted was loyalty towards him. He selected the 2 because they seemed like hardworking kids with no special background.