What Went Wrong?

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Saviour and become born again, immediately we become empowered to live a righteous life. So the question is: Why do we still sin? I think we really underestimate sin and look at certain sins and go like "I would never do that." After, we judge others who actually do those things. We classify certain sins as big and others as small. To God, they are all equal. Romans 3:23 says "For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. "

All have sinned whether it's a lie or a murder. It's all sin. I think there should come a time where we should stop judging others for the seemingly 'big' sins because we could have been there too. Given the right situation and the right moment anyone can fall into temptation. I mean anyone. Being a Christian doesn't mean you wouldn't be tempted. Temptations will surely come because the sun shines and the rain falls on both the good and evil.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 

Obviously, there is nothing new under the sun. All the temptations you are going through and will go through have already been experienced by other people. Believe me or not, they have gone through and endured those temptations. Mostly, after we fall. we ask ourselves "What went wrong?" or "What have I just done?" or "What happened?" 

We sometimes overestimate ourselves and play with temptation and think we would never fall for it because we are bigger than it. After we fall, we think: 'Did I actually do that? I thought I was bigger than this. I thought I was stronger.' The best thing to do is not to play with sin because it can totally catch you unaware. This means you should avoid situations in which you can be tempted. Never think that you are bigger than any sin.

Also, after you fall, try and look back and see what went wrong. This can be done by looking through the mirror of the Bible.

 Psalm 119:11 says, " I study your teachings very carefully so that I would not sin against you."

Studying and meditating God's Word helps us not to sin against Him. This is because we would know and learn God's commandments and what He wants us to do.  This is how Jesus Christ was able to stand against temptation. He used the Word of God. We are followers of Jesus Christ and so we should fill ourselves up with the Word of God to fight the battle against sin and temptation.