Through His Eyes

"Admire someone's beauty without questioning your own."

 I remember reading this quote while researching on a writing project. Later, I thought about it and realized that I admired other people's beauty and then I start to questioning my own. I start to envy other people and wish I was in their shoes and lived their lives. I start to become angry with myself and with God and find flaws with my body because  it doesn't look like someone else's own.

I struggle a lot not to compare myself to others. Not to wish I had their looks or envy the possessions they have. I want to stop being jealous or envious but sometimes it's very difficult.

 Psalm 119:11 says

"I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."

I have to be constantly reminded of God's Word that I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Psalm 139:13-14

 13.For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.

14. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well."

It says here that "I praise  you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." This means that anytime we look at ourselves in the mirror, we should sing praises to God because He made us to be wonderful creatures. In verse 13, we see that God created our inmost being, he knit us together in our mother's womb. When God created you, he carefully thought of you, planned how you would look like before giving you to two people with the right genes to create you. When he finished creating you, he said it was good. (Genesis 1:31) 

God knit you specially with love and care and God does not make any mistakes. If God wanted you to be taller, you would be taller. If God wanted you to have a different skin colour, he would have given it to you. God created your shape to be unique and different, to fit you, perfectly.

1 Corinthians 12:17-19

17. If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would  the sense of smell be? 

 18. But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be.

19. If they were all one part, where would the body be?

Take a look at the different parts of your body Your eyes, your nose, your mouth and your legs. They all perform different functions. Take this scenario: Mr. Eye wants to be like Mrs. Nose. He likes her shape and size. He tries and tries to be like Mrs. Nose. In the end, he becomes frustrated. This is how many of us behave.

The eye can never be like the nose, no matter how many times it tries to. Why? This is because it was shaped differently to perform a specific function. God created you how you are because you are designed to accomplish a specific purpose. When He created you, he made sure you were born at the right place and He gave you the necessary gifts, temperaments, traits and behaviours needed to achieve this purpose.

We have to stop looking at others and look within us to find our uniqueness. We have to start loving ourselves. We have to develop the habit of praising God for wonderfully and beautifully creating us. We have to change our paradigms, take off our old lens and see ourselves through God's eyes.