midnight

Lisa awoke abruptly at the sound of the apartment door opening. She quickly tip toed downstairs, braver than usual.

But it was only Jennie and Jisoo.

Lisa rubbed her eyes, allowing her heart rate to slow down.

"Where've you been?"

Jennie set her bag down.

"We were at a drive in movie."

"Was it good?"

"Jisoo fell asleep." Jennie chuckled. Lisa was looking at Jennie weirdly. "What?"

"Uh, you have red lipstick smeared on your face."

It was Jisoo's. How embarrassing.

Jennie's cheeks grew hot and she found herself searching for words. But nothing came out. Her body moved itself towards the bathroom in a fast pace.

Jisoo took Jennie's jacket off slowly, breathing in her signature flowery scent. And for the first time, she found herself hating the smell. And maybe even Jennie all together. She found herself tossing the jacket to the chair, a burst of rage.

"Everything alright?" Lisa cocked her head. This surely was a weird experience.

"Yeah." Jisoo lied, because no, nothing was alright. Jennie had kissed her and it felt strange. It felt out of place. She felt a rage build up inside her for the poor girl.

"Goodnight." Lisa grabbed a glass of milk and headed up the stairs in her fuzzy socks.

There were tears forming in Jisoo's eyes, but she forced herself into thinking these thoughts and emotions were only due to the lack of sleep. But Jisoo and Jennie were roommates, and that was becoming something awkward.

The bathroom light turned off.

Jennie walked out, stripping from her T-shirt.

"I made the beds this morning, all nice and comfy for you." Jennie smiled, she had pleasant facial features that made you want to hug her and squeeze her and never let go. But Jisoo wanted none of that tonight.

"I think I'm gonna sleep on the couch." She said through gritted teeth, pulling her jeans off.

"Why?" Jennie grabbed the older girls pajama shorts from the laundry basket. "I can help you put these on..."

Jisoo was disgusted, and felt more independent and fed up with Jennie than ever.

"Because I want to sleep here and I am fully capable of putting my own shorts on. Goodnight." Jisoo pulled a blanket over the couch.

But Jennie didn't want to give up.

"Is this about the kiss?"

"Don't mention it." Jisoo didn't even make eye contact when speaking.

"Fine. I'll let you sleep down here. But I want that pretty butt of yours in my room tomorrow, our room." Jennie couldn't believe the things she was saying. She was usually very shy and found it hard to form sentences that sounded even remotely romantic.

She grabbed her things and started up the stairs, Jisoo laying with her back to Jennie.

"Oh and one more thing;" Jennie had her head down, cheeks red. "I really enjoyed that kiss." Her voice cracked as the adrenaline died down and she silently made her way to her room.

She creaked open the door, hearing Lisa's loud snoring from the room next to her. She wondered how Rosé dealt with that.

Jennie brainstormed things she could do to make Jisoo happier.

She wasn't going to give up.

So she decorated Jisoo's side of the room with glitter and fairy lights and pictures of the two girls through the years.

Maybe Jisoo will come around when she sees this.

Just maybe.