sleep

Jisoo awoke the next morning, somehow magically in her home.

No longer at the doctors office.

"Where am I!" She was on the couch downstairs, Rosé making waffles.

"Oh hey, Jisoo. We brought you home after you fell asleep at the hospital."

"I have to go back!" Jisoo panicked. "What if she's awake!"

"She's not." Lisa muttered. "They would let us know." Lisa turned on the TV, and somehow Jisoo's favorite cartoon didn't even amuse her.

"Well I'm going back."

So Jisoo walked upstairs, she changed into a nice dress, hoping Jennie would compliment it, if she was awake... She looked across the room at Jennie's empty bed, and before tears could roll in, she left for the supermarket.

She found Jennie's favorite purple flowers and a box of chocolate cake, because even though she loves Jisoo more, cake is a close second.

The drive there, she listened to some of Jennie's favorite songs, and came up with a list of songs she would recommend.

When she got to the hospital, the front desk lady waved at her and Jisoo nodded.

Instead of going on the elevator, she took the stairs because Jennie would, she loves exercise.

Approaching the room, she prayed in her mind and clenched the flowers before stepping in.

And sure enough, Jennie was still asleep.

"Hello, Jisoo. How are things?" The doctor asked but Jisoo only shrugged. "Jennie is doing exceptionally well, she should wake up today."

Jisoo placed the purple flowers on the desk. "I bought her favorite flowers and some cake, just in case she wakes up soon."

So Jisoo sat, for hours.

She hummed a few songs, squeezed Jennie's hand, ate half the cake on accident.

When night fell, she tried to get comfy in the seat next to Jennie. She found a sticky note on the doctors desk and wrote "Please don't bring me home", just in case Rosé stopped by and Jisoo was asleep.

But Jennie's breathing broke the silence and she found herself crying, tear after tear.

"Jennie, please come back to me." She whispered through tears. "I love you so much and I'm sorry for being so dumb towards you. I'll regret it for the rest of my life."

So Jisoo laid her head on Jennie's, and stroked her arm, just like Jennie always did.

"I like when you do this." Jisoo cried, continuing her motions. "It feels...safe."

And Jisoo fell asleep, once again.