purple

When Jisoo awoke at the crack of dawn, she saw doctors come flooding in.

A bomb went off in her head and she sat up quickly.

"Is she awake? Is she breathing?" Jisoo panicked.

It was too early in the morning for such hectic movement.

But before Jisoo could take in what was happening, she saw Jennie's eyes flutter.

Her heart stopped for a second before pumping  rapidly. She was back! Jennie was truly back! Jisoo looked at the purple flowers, hoping it wouldn't be too much of an eye sore.

Jennie's eyes opened quickly, and she shouted out a quick, "JISOO!"

"I'm right here! It's okay! It's all okay!" Jisoo felt hot tears sting her cheeks as she brought Jennie in for a hug.

She missed the warmness Jennie radiated. It felt good to be back in her lovers arms. Jisoo thought about all the things she had took for granted as she embraced the younger girl.

"I thought you left me!" Jisoo cried, smiling through the tears.

"I would never leave you." Jennie smiled, her face lighting up. "But everything's sore. What happened?"

Jisoo explained everything, from the teddy bear to the car, even the fight with Rosé and Lisa.

"I thought I had lost everything that night. I live my life thinking I have nothing to lose, but when it goes, that's when you realize."

"So it took a car to hit me and scrape my face up just so you would realize you love me?" Jennie lifted an eyebrow.

But within seconds, both the girls were laughing.

"I brought you flowers." Jisoo played with her nails. "The purple kind."

She handed the vase to the younger girl, blushing in embarrassment.

"They're so pretty, Jisoo!" Jennie's eyes lit up. Purple always looked good on her, or in this case, in her hands.

"Makes me want to dye my hair purple again." Jisoo blushed and Jennie laughed.

"I love you no matter what hair color you have."

A doctor butted into the conversation.

"We need to run some tests on Jennie. Since she broke a few bones and hit her head, we have to perform a risky surgery."

Jisoo's smile faded, scared to leave Jennie again.

"What do you mean by 'risky'?"

"There's a fatal chance." The doctors voice lowered.

"You mean...I could die from this surgery?"

The room fell quiet and Jisoo felt her heart sink.