close enough

[kind of a longer chapter for you guys. Spoiler alert! The girls might come in close contact towards the end 😝✨🌸]

————

So all four girls went for a drive.

Lisa and Jisoo in the front, Lisa driving.

Rosé and Jennie in the back.

They had a bright red convertible with its top usually down. Jennie felt luxurious whenever she rode in it.

Jisoo's hair whipped Jennie in the face a few times, and all it did was remind her of the horrible events following the last 24 hours. Jisoo's hair smelt of shampoo, her skin smelt like campfire and tropical flowers. Jennie couldn't imagine what it tastes like.

Even though she wished the wind would take her problems and worries with itself, it didn't. She remained a broken girl, with a sheet of blue covering every thing she looked at. Even Jisoo was blue. No longer the majestic human being she had once known.

Just blue.

Rosé turned on her favorite songs, and even though Jennie loved to dance, she didn't.

She didn't sing the words, she didn't even bob her head. Instead, she just sat.

-

Life was starting to get emotionally draining. Anytime the girls went to perform, there were no more cute moments between Jennie and Jisoo. Jisoo sometimes even hesitated against touching her for the dances, which sometimes hurts more than the words she spoke.

Jennie and Jisoo were finally sleeping in the same room again.

But they didn't talk much.

They didn't eat breakfast together anymore.

Jennie thought about writing her a note, but maybe saying things in real life is more sentimental.

So that night, Jennie did just that.

Jisoo walked into the room, a baggy T-shirt covering her up. Her black hair shone in the moonlight, and her skin glistened like golden flesh.

She picked up some clothes off the ground, throwing them into the laundry basket. She applied a face mask and then began scrolling her phone.

She did this every Tuesday.

Jennie thought it was something content, something only she knows. She liked peeking out from under the covers and watching Jisoo's face light up from the phone.

She liked the way the room smelt tropical every time Jisoo sprayed her bed sheets. It put Jennie in a daze.

This was the first night Jennie felt brave again. It had been a week and a half since the kiss but yet with the grudge Jisoo holds, it still feels like yesterday.

Jennie wanted to say something.

So she did.

"Can I borrow that face mask cream?" It was a green clay mask that made skin soft and acne prone. She'd never used one.

Jisoo looked confused, startled. "Mine?"

"Um, yeah. Yes." Jennie stammered.

Jisoo looked back at her phone. "I guess. I had no idea you were awake. Scared me half to death."

Jennie could of sworn she saw the smallest creak of a smile plant itself on Jisoo's face.

"I don't know how to use it." Jennie picked up the cream, examining its green color and it's strange texture.

"I can put it on for you, if you'd like."

Jennie's eyes lit up. Did Jisoo really just say that?

For the first time in a while, Jennie felt some hope, and her heartbeat began to race.

She pulled up a chair next to Jisoo, the only thing illuminating them was the moon and the fairy lights. Handing the older girl the cream, their fingers brushed and Jennie felt a tingle through her spine.

"So, how've you been?" Jennie began, while Jisoo dipped her fingers into the cream.

As soon as the older girls fingers came into contact with Jennie's face, her cheeks got red hot. Embarrassing.

"Uh, I've been good." Jisoo mumbled. "Been working on new music with Lisa. She wants our next comeback to be kind of like Red Velvet's 'Peekaboo'"

Jennie missed hearing Jisoo talk to her. Her voice was always soothing, like spreading frosting on a cake.

"Really? That'd be fun." Jennie smiled. Jisoo had already applied half of Jennie's face. It felt cool against her skin.

"I really missed talking to you." Jennie ran her hand down Jisoo's arm like she did when they kissed. She thought she felt Jisoo pull her arm away, but no.

"Me too." Jisoo put the lid back on the cream. "You look cute in a mask!" She smiled.

Jennie grinned and felt happy, it was refreshing. "Thank you."

"Jennie, I'm sorry for saying that I don't like you like that. I meant to say, I'm not ready for this close of a relationship, ya know?"

Jennie couldn't believe Jisoo was apologizing to her.

"No, no, no! No need to apologize!" Jennie ran her fingers through Jisoo's hair. It was a brave move, but a good one.

The girls sat in silence, Jisoo allowing Jennie to play with her hair.

And Jisoo didn't hate it.

"I think you're really, really pretty." Jennie ran her fingers down to Jisoo's thigh, gently squeezing it.

Jisoo sat there watching the fingers, she didn't move. Maybe she was coming around.

"I want you to know that I think you are a masterpiece." Jennie couldn't believe her own mouth. She was always braver at night time, but this was a new level.

Her fingers brushed Jisoo's hand and she intertwined. Jisoo let it happen, she wasn't hesitating. Was this a dream?

Jennie leaned forward.

(To be continued...)