the surprise

As the sun shone over Jisoo's white sheets, she heard voices downstairs that she couldn't recognize.

It was a foggy morning, with slight dew. Jennie fast asleep in the bed across the room.

Jisoo tip toed down the stairs, even though it was ten in the morning.

"Haha! That's hilarious." Rosé smiled.

She was sitting on the couch next to Lucy.

Lucy.

"I'm sorry this isn't a proper date." Rosé proceeded. Jisoo smiled.

"Oh no! It's completely fine." Lucy smiled even bigger.

"Want to go grab breakfast? There's a restaurant down the street."

Lucy stood up and took Rosé's hand, "I would love to."

As they disappeared, Jisoo almost screamed from excitement. She ran back up the stairs, jumping on top of Jennie.

"We did it! We're matchmakers!" She laughed as Jennie fluttered her eyes.

"Really? Lucy and Rosé are working out?"

Jisoo smiled. "Totally."

"That's awesome." Jennie mumbled, her voice raspy as she woke up.

Jisoo pulled the sheets over her, resting her head on Jennie.

She thought about that first date.

That little drive in movie where Jennie gave her the coat to wear. How she had kissed her, then and there. She thought about the fight on the way home, how could she be so senseless?

Funny how a story changes for the better.

Jennie couldn't fall asleep either.

She felt Jisoo breathing heavily against her chest. She smiled.

How did she ever lasso the girl she desperately wanted?

Jennie recalled all the feelings she felt in that car, how when they got home, she thought for sure Jisoo hated her.

Funny how fast the night changes.

Lisa burst in suddenly.

"Hey guys!" Jisoo and Jennie awoke abruptly. "We're getting a comeback!"

The girls blinked before jumping out of their sheets.

"Seriously!?" Jisoo screamed, smiling bigger than ever.

"Oh my god!" Jennie hugged Lisa tightly.

"I know! I just got news from our manager. I'm so excited I could run a million miles!"

"When do we start in the studio?" Jennie grinned, excitedly.

"Tomorrow."

The three girls went wild, hugging and crying. Oh, how it had been awhile since Jennie stepped on a stage.

"We have to tell Rosé!" Jisoo panicked.

"She already knows! I texted her." Lisa danced.

"This is huge!" Jisoo cried, incredibly happy.

"Are you going to tell the fans about your relationship?" Lisa smiled.

The girls looked at each other. "I don't know." They said in unison, smiles fading.

"Oh don't worry about that just yet. Let's be happy! It's been a whole year since As If It's Your Last!"

Lisa wandered down the corridor, dancing happily.

Jisoo pulled Jennie aside.

"Why are you being such a Debbie downer? We're having a comeback for God's sake!"

Jennie rubbed her arm, nervously. "I am happy, Jisoo. It's just...I want to make our relationship public but I'm afraid to."

Jisoo sighed. "We can work on that once our song is actually released, okay? We'll be fine, I promise."

The girls hugged, Jennie feeling more comfortable.

They let go of each other, laughing, before joining Lisa in the dance party.

Hand in hand, Jennie felt more happy than possibly ever.