rain

"Hurry up! What took you so long?" Lisa called from the car. Jisoo sat next to Lisa, while Jennie and Rosé hopped in the seats behind.

"Oh nothing." Jennie lied while Rosé rolled her eyes.

She was on top of the world, everything seemed brighter, she finally bared a smile for the first time in a while. Funny how the people that leave your life a sheet of blue can take it away in an instance.

It was pitch black outside, the stars shining like a million fairy lights. They glistened within Jennie's eyes, and she felt safe.

Relaxed.

But even though the nights of her and Jisoo's fight may still come back in meaningless flashbacks, at least she'll know they're over, for now.

Love was funny.

This past week has been especially draining and treacherous.

Jennie only wished for the best.

Sitting in the back seat, she felt her phone vibrate.

A text from Jisoo:
I like you a lot.

Jennie texted back quick.

Jennie:
Then why can't you say it to my face?

Jennie smirked in the back seat, wondering, if at all, what Jisoo would text back.

She kept forgetting she needs to be more delicate. This is only the beginning of a beautiful relationship, and one wrong move could trigger an explosion.

She thought deeply for once.

A text from Jisoo:
Because I'm shy around you.

The two girls smiled in their seats all the way home.

-

When the car approached the apartment, Jennie thought of going straight to bed, but Rosé had other ideas.

"Hey, why don't you two go in while Lisa and I go get groceries." Rosé blinked.

Jennie knew exactly what she was doing.

She tried to signal Rosé to cut it out but there was no hope, they were driving away.

Jisoo turned on her heel. "They're so annoying." The rain was falling hard, the girls long silky hair getting soaked.

The way it glistened on the pavement reminded Jennie of Jisoo's eyes. Full of sparkles.

"Did you really mean that letter?" Jisoo spoke out of the blue.

Jennie felt her cheeks get hot.

"Um...yeah." She stared down at her feet.

"Because I wrote one too a long time ago."

The girls looked at each other.

"Really?" Jennie felt a shiver down her spine from the cold even if her heart was warm and mushy from the feeling of love.

Jisoo handed the younger girl a piece of paper, sworn to get wet from the rain.

Dear Jen,

This is silly, I know. I don't usually write letters and you'll probably never read this. But I liked the kiss... a lot. I think your lips taste like strawberries. I didn't know girls could be so alluring in a sense. I want you to know I think you could be my everything, and I hope we have a future together one day. I can just imagine the wedding. Ugh, I'm blabbering. Guess I'll start over.

Jisoo

Jennie smiled, Jisoo was wondering if it was tears running down her face or rain.

"Jisoo." Her voice cracked from the teardrops. "I love you so much and this means the entire world to me." She inhaled only to cry louder, bringing in the older girl for a hug that would last a lifetime.

"I love you so much." She whimpered, her mouth muffled against Jisoo's shoulder. 

"I love you too." Jisoo smiled.

"No!" Jennie pulled away. "You have no idea, Jisoo!" She hid her eyes with her hands and turned from the older girl.

"I think about you every night! I think about your (sniff) pretty eyes and soft hair and how beautiful our relationship would be! (Sniff) I think until it hurts! Until it hurts me and puts me in pain until your the only thing on my mind and I can't concentrate (sniff). I love you to pieces, Jisoo."

Jisoo stood there, in the rain, as Jennie grabbed her face and pushed her up against the apartment building.

And they kissed, a kiss that really meant something.

Not just the idea of something.

The two girls glossy lips tangled themselves together, Jennie placing her hands on Jisoo's waist.

When Jennie pulled away, she saw a young girl with lust in her eyes and makeup smeared across her face.

"You are so beautiful, Jisoo." She smiled.

-

[authors note,
I can not believe there are 400 reads and almost 100 votes on this mess of a story 😂 if I make a sequel, I promise it will be better. I kind of made this not thinking it would be popular. But I'm really trying now! I love you so much, thank you guys!

xoxo, corrina]